What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Women's basketball- Pac 12 tournament- Game 2 against OSU- 7:00 MT

That was a great win.

It seemed like they were going to go flat in the final six of the half again, and then they grabbed the lead back and just scrapped it out.

Well done. Go Buffs!

What does this do for the Buffs tourney hopes. Assume they have to win out for the NCAA but if not is this enough to get an NIT bid.

Looked back through the schedule, a couple of games that I'm sure they wish they had back. Best bet is to win again and force their way in.

They have to win out to go to the NCAA tourney. Every win in this tourney is a good win as far as the WNIT is concerned--especially this one.

So proud of this team right now. :gobuffs:

I think we have the right coach to lead CU Women's BB back to the upper level. The PAC is a tough league but CU is going to build back into the top.

Although it sounded on TV like they were outnumbered by OSU's (much closer to home) fanbase, looks like the energy level was great for the Buff fans that were there- HURRAY for them too. Hope they (and maybe more?) in the Seattle area can make it to the game tomorrow night.

[tweet]574056831598882817[/tweet]

And, as always, I'm sure the band and cheerleaders were there and loud- great job by all.

Last edited:
Also, Lappe's winning formula is the same as Tad's

Buffs got angry on the glass in the 2nd half to win the boards.

• OSU held to 33.8% shooting on the night
  • CU with a 41-38 advantage on the glass
  • Buffs only turned the ball over 10 times

VICTORY

What does this do for the Buffs tourney hopes. Assume they have to win out for the NCAA but if not is this enough to get an NIT bid.

Looked back through the schedule, a couple of games that I'm sure they wish they had back. Best bet is to win again and force their way in.
WNIT at large bids require a record of .500 or better. And the only way the Buffs get to that is to win the tourney. And that gets them the NCAA bid. The WNIT automatic bids go to the team that has the highest finish in regular season conference standings that is not invited to the NCAA. So if I've read this right, it's NCAA or nothing for Lappe's Buffs.

Our awesome new recruit from The Southlake Carroll HS:

[tweet]574066862130130944[/tweet]

According to the Pac-12 Network this victory was historic as it was the first time a 9 seed had defeated a 1 seed.

I must admit I gave CU no shot in this one. Given their history this season in games like this my idea was they would wilt at some point. OSU has been very disciplined on both ends of the court, but CU was better in this department tonight. They are figuring out what it takes for them to win.

Individually, Jamee showed what she can bring. When she is healthy and not in foul trouble she is one of the best in the conference. Of course Jen Reese and Lexy Kresl were key as well and Jasmine had a massive lay-up late in the game.

It was great seeing the Buffs making key plays down the stretch. Rebounding, blocking shots, getting to the basket. And only 10 turnovers for the game.

Well, damn! I'm not a huge WBB fan, but I'll pay closer attention now. Cal up 9 early in second half. We play winner of Cal vs Wash at 9:30PM MST. I like our chances of making the final. It looks like the light switch got turned on for the ladies.

Edit: Wash within 2 now.

Last edited:
Pac12 fans are so weird. Once again, see Oregon State fans playing the conference tournament "doesn't matter" card like Arizona men's basketball fans love to play when they get their annual conference tournament loss. I know the Pac12 historically held off on a conference tournament for far longer than the other major conferences, but it's still just odd. In ACC land, for instance, the conference tournament is a huge ****ing deal and has been forever. Last I checked, the Pac12 awards the NCAA Tournament bid for the winner of the conference tournament, not the winner of the regular season. That tells me all I need to know on what carries the most weight. However, the sour grapes persist in Tucson and now Corvallis. I'm sure the Pac Tournament will suddenly become a huge accomplishment once Arizona wins it again.

Last edited:
So Cal is the opponent after a relatively easy 16 point victory over Washington.

Buff point guards especially are going to need to be wearing their (proverbial) "work boots" tomorrow, as I'd expect Cal to apply a swarming full court press after every made basket. (Cal earned 18 turnovers against the Dawgs tonight, and got a boatload when they faced the Buffs a couple months ago.) Of course, it's also going to be imperative for the other Buffs on the floor to be moving intelligently into space to give the PG's some passing options.

Last edited:
We haven't seen Cal since our 16 point loss way, way back in early January in Berkeley. Cal built a lead from the start. We hung around on the edge of striking distance until they pulled away late. As great as this Oregon State win is, there's no time to bask in it. Have to take the confidence it provided but otherwise forget about it. Such is life in these tournaments, especially when you're 15-16.

I couldn't sleep and was looking for video/interviews about the game on pac-12.com. Did anyone know that the live feed of the pac 12 network is free today 3/7?!? They are showing a replay of the CU WBB vs Oregon St. at 8:30 am CST. I am setting my alarm to watch since I inly listened to the game on 760 am.

http://pac-12.com/live

I think that is the link to the live feed. They are also showing the men's game at 3:30 pm and the CU WBB vs Cal tonight. Just thought I would share. Go Buffs!!!

Pac-12.com/live is free today. Someone with a huge Twitter following needs to post this info.

Back