What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Woody Paige: Demote or fire Bieniemy and hire Bob Stitt from Mines as OC

I don't think this Stitt thing could happen due to the contract situations and money involved right now with EB. But the argument that he wouldn't come is wrong IMO. IF he wants to be a major college coach in a BCS level school you need to start moving up and if he is confident in his offensive ability then even one year under embo before he gets canned would be an ENORMOUS step in the right direction for him. If in one year if the offense shows sig improvement he will be one of the most sought after coaches in America for turning this mess around, even if embo gets canned he will be known and recognized. I think he would come even under the bad circumstances we have now cause it would be an immediate opportunity to move towards running a major program.

I don't think this Stitt thing could happen due to the contract situations and money involved right now with EB. But the argument that he wouldn't come is wrong IMO. IF he wants to be a major college coach in a BCS level school you need to start moving up and if he is confident in his offensive ability then even one year under embo before he gets canned would be an ENORMOUS step in the right direction for him. If in one year if the offense shows sig improvement he will be one of the most sought after coaches in America for turning this mess around, even if embo gets canned he will be known and recognized. I think he would come even under the bad circumstances we have now cause it would be an immediate opportunity to move towards running a major program.

Where did Gary Barnett coach before Mac hired him as OC?

The PAC 12 money should give Bohn some flexibility.

Right. Stay the current course? Whatevs robo Darth. Whatevs.

My point being its all on the table this time. I'd take anyone at this point.
you must have been drunk when you posted this. Or you are just an idiot. Since when does having a valid question about a possible OC replacement mean staying the course? I want the whole staff gone, except for maybe Tui.

I'd rather be the HC at Mines than join a disaster for 1 year and get fired. Hiring a local DII coach to be our coordinator certainly falls in line with exactly the type of thing Bohn loves to do.

Oh, I forgot, if we get to 2-10 next year that will be "progress"

Meh.

Clean house.

Last edited:
What can it hurt at this point. People are ignoring the impact the PAC-12 will have on this. The PAC-12 will not put up with CU pulling in no TV ratings and having no fans at the stadium. That is just unacceptable and the current route they are going. There will be pressures to turn around the program sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
What can it hurt at this point. People are ignoring the impact the PAC-12 will have on this. The PAC-12 will not put up with CU pulling in no TV ratings and having no fans at the stadium. That is just unacceptable and the current route they are going. There will be pressures to turn around the program sooner rather than later.

Embree being HC for another year can hurt A LOT.

I'd rather be the HC at Mines than join a disaster for 1 year and get fired.

agree. i like the idea of stitt, but never happen. and the better analogy than tad is mike frink. we actually ran an offense for about 2/3rds of a season that made sense, Roby got off double-teams and scored the ball....and then whatever happened happened and Ricardo fired him.

we got lucky with tad. bohn's I-25 or save my job with Mac nostalgia hiring scheme is mostly crap. we should have cleaned house totally after Dan.

The big problem with cleaning house at Dal Ward is that the same bozos that are responsible for this decade long slide into suckitude will still be in charge of bringing in the replacements.

We should be looking at candidates we want to replace Benson and DeStephano before worrying our pretty little heads with minor issues such as AD and coaching replacements.

It seems to have worked for West Virginia...

Sort of. Holgerson was named OC of West Virginia in December of 2010. Holgerson then became head coach of West Virginia six (6) months later, when Bill Stewart was terminated (after he was caught trying to get a WV reporter to dig up info on Holgerson's past).

So Holgerson never coached under Bill Stewart. Stewart got fired before Holgerson ever played a game as OC.

Sort of. Holgerson was named OC of West Virginia in December of 2010. Holgerson then became head coach of West Virginia six (6) months later, when Bill Stewart was terminated (after he was caught trying to get a WV reporter to dig up info on Holgerson's past).

So Holgerson never coached under Bill Stewart. Stewart got fired before Holgerson ever played a game as OC.

That's right, he didn't get that year under Stewart.

you must have been drunk when you posted this. Or you are just an idiot. Since when does having a valid question about a possible OC replacement mean staying the course? I want the whole staff gone, except for maybe Tui.

I was not but you were; With 1-7 under our belts than why question any name that comes up? You think worse is a possibility? :lol:

Wauzoo?

Well if we want Stitt as our OC then let's bring in Jon Wristen from CSU-Pueblo as DC, his team has shutdown Mines in the RMAC and has one of the best defenses in the country at D2. Didn't we use to joke about D2-Danny? Now we "wish we were" D2 haha.

Coaches have to start somewhere, who cares where they come from, results are what matter.

Not a Diaco fan at ND either, IMO, the best coach besides Brian Kelly for the Irish is Chuck Martin. Former HC at D2 power Grand Valley State that has some seriously crazy records there. He is a defensive-oriented coach who just moved to OC/QB coach this season and is doing a bang-up job there. He will be one of the next great coach hires for a D-1 program.

Is Bob Stitt woody's drinking pal? How about we hire a competent assistant from a good Pac 12 program instead?

I agree. the Pac 12 has got to be embarrassed by how bad CU has been in this league. Its a ****ing joke. Embree is not coming back next yr.

Is Bob Stitt woody's drinking pal? How about we hire a competent assistant from a good Pac 12 program instead?

Exactly. Pathetic. How far we have fallen. Hiring a coach from Mines? Are you ****ing kidding me.

I agree. the Pac 12 has got to be embarrassed by how bad CU has been in this league. Its a ****ing joke. Embree is not coming back next yr.

Exactly. Pathetic. How far we have fallen. Hiring a coach from Mines? Are you ****ing kidding me.
You know he does an article like that to both get a rise out of readers and to say some nice things about Stitt. He knows this will go nowhere, mon frere.

Stitt is a smart guy. Under normal circumstances I would be very intrigued. With the hole we have to climb out of, I'm not ready to rely on a guy with no D-1 track record....

Back