What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Would a win over WVU redeem Hawkins?

Would you forgive Hawk if he beats WVU?

• Yeah, I forgive Hawk for kicking WVU's ass

Votes: 38 42.2%
  • No, Hawk didn't beat the rams or toledo. He sucks!

Votes: 52 57.8%

• Total voters
To me, Hawkins has to be far more open to the media & fan base. Stop the beat around the bush type of answers he gives during interviews and man up with taking responsibilty. If he can do that and somehow go 7-5 + a bowl win, then I'm OK with this season.

No. But it would be a very, very good start. IF he turns in a winning season then I think many of us will be a lot happier.

Not quite, but it would be a good start. It will take us putting up some points on offense to beat WVU, so that would give me some confidence that things are getting settled on that side of the ball. Just do not see it happening though.

No redemption in beating WVU. IMO this is a game that preseason I was picking as a win. Could go either way though. He needs to win eight games this season. There isn't one game on the schedule where I'll want to keep him as the coach for winning.

No. WVA looked like crap against Auburn last night. I'm not convinced WVA is all that good.

Losing to CSU and Toledo dug a hole so deep that it will be nearly impossble for him to dig out of, IMO. Even in victory, the guy did stuff that made me want to rip his dome off. Taking a knee at the end of the first half? WTF was that about? Does somebody need to tell him that his offense hasn't exactly been lighting it up lately? What would it hurt to put Simas & Simmons in there and run a play action play to one of the speed guys? Honestly, did nobody even consider this? Mind boggling.

Simple answer is that Hawk is in way over his head, and he hasn't gotten any better since the day he arrived here.

West Virginia beat 1-AA Liberty 33-20. They beat East Carolina 35-20. (East Carolina is 1-2 this their only win a 29-24 home game against Appalachian State... Ap State is 0-2 with a loss to McNeese State, so they're not even good this year).

Sorry, but WVU hasn't done a thing that should impress anyone so far. It's a game we should win with a team everyone believed was talented enough to challenge for the Big 12 North this year.

that and a win over Nebraska, a bowl, and a decent recruiting class would have him back in my good graces....OR just a BLASTING of Nebraska...not that he cares....

West Virginia beat 1-AA Liberty 33-20. They beat East Carolina 35-20. (East Carolina is 1-2 this their only win a 29-24 home game against Appalachian State... Ap State is 0-2 with a loss to McNeese State, so they're not even good this year).

Sorry, but WVU hasn't done a thing that should impress anyone so far. It's a game we should win with a team everyone believed was talented enough to challenge for the Big 12 North this year.

I saw this and thought, hey maybe we do have a shot, so I went and took a deeper look at WVU...

WVU hasn't done a thing that should impress anyone so far? All they've done is take care of the games they were supposed to win, and held their own against a superior opponent. That's A LOT more than we can say.

WVU beat 1-AA Liberty. Huh, they went out and beat a team they should and did it soundly. We should know better than anyone that 1-AA teams are dangerous in the first week or two of the season before depth really becomes a factor.

WVU also pretty well trounced ECU. ECU was spotted an early lead and 4 turnovers and did nothing with it. Could we spot ANYONE a 10-0 lead and 4 turnovers right now and expect to win by 15 and put up over 500 yards of total offense?

Neither of those games were as close as the score would indicate. A quick glance at the box scores for those games shows that WVU dominated each of those teams in just about every phase of the game.

Finally, WVU held their own against Auburn, despite turning the ball over 6 times! Auburn has a top notch offense, and they still needed 6 turnovers to put up 41 on WVU and only beat them by 11.

What I see in WVU is a VERY good team that's shooting itself in the foot with turnovers. For CU to have a shot, they're going to need another 6 turnover game from WVU. Is that possible? Sure. Probable, not really. We only put up 24 on Wyoming. WVU turns the ball over 6 times and still puts 30 on the board. It gonna be a long night!

Yeah, I sound negative to a lot of you, but I have an analytical background and base things off what I see and the numbers behind them. I still HOPE we can pull something out, and I'll be sitting there decked out in black and gold, just like every game day, proudly flying my flag outside, but the numbers and performance this year doesn't add up to even keeping it close.

That's the great thing about sports and college football though. YOU JUST NEVER KNOW UNTIL THE GAME'S BEEN PLAYED!

It would help but redemption is not something 1` freakin game is going to make me praise him. I simply want to see a hard working team who ****in plays like they care.

It would help but redemption is not something 1` freakin game is going to make me praise him. I simply want to see a hard working team who ****in plays like they care.

Well then, you got it. CH, McNight and Espinosa work really really hard and care a whole bunch!!!!:cool:

I have had it with Dan Hawkins after what he said in the postgame meeting with the media. Yes he did praise the fans but he forgot that the media is an outlet to the fans as well. What an idiot.

I have had it with Dan Hawkins after what he said in the postgame meeting with the media. Yes he did praise the fans but he forgot that the media is an outlet to the fans as well. What an idiot.

Oh man, I came away from that postgame interview thinking something entirely different. He praised the fans, took responsibility, stuck up for his team, and said they needed to look forward. All four of those things were the exact right thing to say in my book. I don't see how saying, "yeah, you guys were right, we suck and have no chance to win another game" is what you want to hear from your coach. To each his own though, I guess.

Oh man, I came away from that postgame interview thinking something entirely different. He praised the fans, took responsibility, stuck up for his team, and said they needed to look forward. All four of those things were the exact right thing to say in my book. I don't see how saying, "yeah, you guys were right, we suck and have no chance to win another game" is what you want to hear from your coach. To each his own though, I guess.

I think he did finally step up and take some accountability. But, I'm still not impressed.

Juice Box has been such a huge a$$ and his teams have looked so bad. I think we are past the stage of 1 game making a difference.

The last two years he has pulled off a great upset (OU, WVU) and I think that we are making great progress. Then he follows up with awful games againts teams like aTm, ISU, CSU, Toledo, and the list goes on and on and on.

Start of the season I said CU needs 7 wins and a bowl game. I will no longer be a Juice Box fan, but IF he manages to win 7 and a bowl I will give him credit.

I agree with GoBuffs08. We're way past winning one game to cure all ills. CU has not gotten any better IMO relative to it's competition. This was to be the year that CU began to make strides on the field. It has started out with two premium *** kickings by teams from lesser conferences and a win against one of the weakest D1 teams around. I thought there were signs of life v. WY and I'm thrilled CU won, but there isn't much in terms of the way the team played that would make me look at the rest of the schedule and say there is a good chance the Buffs end up over .500. If, after four years, you can't win more than you lose in any given year, it's not bloody likely year number five is going to be a barn burner, especially when the likes of CSU and Toledo show up and smoke you to open year number four....

Hackins is absolved when the team turns in a 7+ win season; when we are competitive on the field week over week; when our losses are heartbreakers rather implosions.

8 wins in regular season and win a bowl game

Then I will probably stop commenting about him, but I still won't care for him. The guy leaves me cold because I don't buy his BS any more.

8 wins in regular season and win a bowl game

Then I will probably stop commenting about him, but I still won't care for him. The guy leaves me cold because I don't buy his BS any more.

hey 30... i stopped reading netbuffs a long time ago, but you were one of the few reasonable folks over there... good to see you here again.

while i agree with you in principal, i think the chance of 8 wins in the regular season sure seems pretty remote. i was looking at the schedule again...

at wvu (potentially slaughtered)
at ut (almost certainly slaughtered)
ku (better athletes and better coached so CU a home dog for sure)
at ksu (maybe a winnable game)
mizzery (see ku, except worse)
atm (maybe a winnable game)
at isu (on the road in likely weather, with this group = loss)
at osu (potentially slaughtered)
fuskers (see ku)

where are there 8 wins on that schedule? these guys are dreadful on the road...

i see maybe 2-3 more wins unless they are undergoing a remarkable transformation during this bye week.

i, too, have seen enough of this staff unless they really manage to do something special here over the coming weeks.

Liver, I only say 8 wins plus a bowl win because that is what I think would be a successful season. For this to happen we would have to see a miracle on the order of the 1980 USA hockey team. Chances of that happening are extremely small.

I am thoroughly disgusted with Hawkins. He is disingenuous on top of having goofy, unworkable ideas on how to coach a Big 12 program. I can't stand to listen to him any longer. Bohn and DiStefano should have replaced him after the Toledo game. Then the program would at least have a chance to right itself. I don't see it happening with Hawkins.

Back