What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Wyoming is in Trouble.....

How is it any less informed than your decision to disagree?? :confused:

He admitted he hasn't even seen those guys play but somehow he knows they're better then Espy. I've been to plenty of practices before. Trust me... Espy> Jefferson, Wright, Darden, and Ussery... at the moment

Since we're losing anyway, I'd rather have the talent on the field learning than Espy making a few catches here and there.

I think it has become clear the this staff favors players who are "do gooders"

Smart, hard worker, good tackler, couldnt cover my 8 week old in open space but tries really hard.

Sumler, well rounded back with no breakaway speed, cant block all 3 guys coming clean in pass protection and yet he tries really hard so he plays more then any other back.

Espinoza, should be playing at UNC in Greeley. That being said, he tries hard and gets loads of PT.

To sum this up, Hawk was used to blue collar, not highly recruited guys that came in to Boise and overachieved. See Avila (sp) on staff GA. He figures that guys who work harder will end up better in the end. ITS THE BIG 12! That weak as **** will not work in our conference. I am not bashing any of the above. It is all very apparent to see.

Smart should = 1st down and run stopping situations. Should never ever ever be in any sort of pass coverage.

Sumler should = No PT on a division 1 Big 12 football team. That is with the talent we have in our backfield.

Espinoza should = Scout team WR on a big 12 football team. A guy at 5'8" that cant run a 4.4 40 should not be on the field.

Simas will probably not play much...
Very nice post. It is spot on.

I really get a chuckle out of the assertion that some people around here like to make that there is not a problem at QB or WR, but love to blame the OL.

Simply put, given the absolutely atrocious quality of our passing game, one of two things is true:

1) Our offensive line is one of the worst in the history of football OR
2) Our QB and receivers are woefully inadequate and are not big 12 quality players.

I can not recall seeing an offense be so inept at passing the football as we have seen for the majority of Hawkins' tenure. 30/63... seriously? ~5YPA? Occasionally less than 5 YPA? Drops and overthrows everywhere?

At some point, some of this is a personnel issue. The guys we are putting out there are not getting done. This team can NOT move the ball consistently on offense and the passing game has looked worse than the run game, to my eyes.

The receivers we are putting out there are simply not good enough. The QB is simply not good enough.

I refuse to believe that our offensive line is so bad that it is impossible for our team to have some kind of ability to complete passes on a consistent basis. The OL is short of spectacular at this point, but the QB and WRs shoulder much more of the blame in that department, as far as I am concerned. We are seriously sitting here arguing that Espinoza is better than some of the guys on the sidelines?

That Ebner should be getting PT? Ebner? I follow CU football pretty damn closely and I didn't even know who the hell Ebner was when he checked in. I had literally never heard the name before. I doubt I am the only one.

Look at our offense. It is seriously, woefully horrible. Teams do not win in CFB by being the '85 bears. Offense is required. Our offense is the worst I can recall seeing on the college level.

Last edited:
hard to really comment on our football team without being banned

This is utter ****ing bull****. Comment <> posting personal attacks about the players. Commenting = what others have said in this thread up to this point. You wanna bitch about the posting rules, then PM an Admin or Mod and have a discussion there. Don't come here spewing vitriolic personal attacks against Buff players and then sound like a ****ing whiny baby when you get nailed for it.

This is utter ****ing bull****. Comment <> posting personal attacks about the players. Commenting = what others have said in this thread up to this point. You wanna bitch about the posting rules, then PM an Admin or Mod and have a discussion there. Don't come here spewing vitriolic personal attacks against Buff players and then sound like a ****ing whiny baby when you get nailed for it.
The junta is angry. :popcorn:

Nice pwnage.

Hoo- waahhh!!!!!!!

I'm still waiting for big things from Simmons this year that some you promised would happen...

Simas better get some quality PT...

I'll just say this. I have ties to both schools although my orthopedic health, my heart and all of my football loyalty go to CU until one of my boys is playing somewhere else. That being said, I watched Texas / Wyoming this weekend and Dave Christiansen is a heck of a coach. He had Wyoming ready to play and event hung around for an entire half. Texas' 2-deep is more talented at every single position than any starter that Wyoming has. That being said, the Pokes played hard, as fast as they could and nasty. They also never mailed it in. CU has plenty of talent at every position. That being said, we had more talent at every position (save receiver) in the last two games and came out with what I would call apathetic effort. It just doesn't seem like anyone cares. Until we start giving a crap, we won't win a single game.

I'll just say this. I have ties to both schools although my orthopedic health, my heart and all of my football loyalty go to CU until one of my boys is playing somewhere else. That being said, I watched Texas / Wyoming this weekend and Dave Christiansen is a heck of a coach. He had Wyoming ready to play and event hung around for an entire half. Texas' 2-deep is more talented at every single position than any starter that Wyoming has. That being said, the Pokes played hard, as fast as they could and nasty. They also never mailed it in. CU has plenty of talent at every position. That being said, we had more talent at every position (save receiver) in the last two games and came out with what I would call apathetic effort. It just doesn't seem like anyone cares. Until we start giving a crap, we won't win a single game.

I think you've nailed it.

Wyo, I thought the same thing watching UW and UT play on Saturday. I think Wyo might roll the Buffs.

Back