What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Xavier, Cincy wow.

That is pretty light punishment imho. However, their coach said they would apologize on camera and if he didnt believe it was sincere, they were done. Take that fwiw.

pretty weak by cincinnati. Props to Screaming a Smith today saying he wouldn't argue if Gates got a season suspension

Here's how the officials should have handled it: (NSFW)
[video=youtube_share;ZXjdwAbBa5c]http://youtu.be/ZXjdwAbBa5c[/video]

Saw Gates break down in tears at his presser. Seemed pretty remorseful to me. I think the suspensions are adequate punishment along with the embarrassment. I'm not one to want a kid's life messed up for a stupid mistake.

You feel for the kids involved who reacted on emotion but the only way to make sure this stuff doesn't happen in the future is to make sure that the penalty is harsh enough that everyone knows it just isn't acceptable.

To me, throwing a sucker punch, especially when it isn't in retaliation for something that was directly done to the puncher deserves at least 15-20 games and I wouldn't have a problem with a season.

You don't want to ruin some kids life for a spur of the moment thing but on the other hand these are big, strong, athletic kids. It would be way to easy to have another situation like we had with Kermit Washington and Rudy Tomjonavich with someone seriously hurt and not far from getting killed.

It may sound harsh but I would rather be hard on someone now that deal with someone life being destroyed later.

If throwing a punch is "criminal," then how about getting caught for DUI or with pot? Both of those are "criminal" and usually earn a lesser punishment than these guys are, rightly, getting.
You going to compare violence to smoking pot?

If throwing a punch is "criminal," then how about getting caught for DUI or with pot? Both of those are "criminal" and usually earn a lesser punishment than these guys are, rightly, getting.

we don't know what, if any, criminal punishment will be handed down. We do know that the DA is looking in to pressing criminal charges against some of the participants. I would expect assault and battery carries a heftier punishment than getting caught with a joint.

Back