What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Xavier Johnson #34 in nbadraft.net's 2016 mock

Big, big year for XJ coming up. Simply put, he needs to take a big step forward in maturation/ the mental aspect of the game.

:nod:

Maturity stuff: cut down on turnovers, cut down on fouls, don't let others get in your head

Game stuff: develop handle, improve FT shooting, develop right handed game

This season, if I find myself posting something like "We know XJ will get his 15 points every night", I'll be a very happy man.

:nod:

Maturity stuff: cut down on turnovers, cut down on fouls, don't let others get in your head

Game stuff: develop handle, improve FT shooting, develop right handed game

This season, if I find myself posting something like "We know XJ will get his 15 points every night", I'll be a very happy man.

XJ has the potential to be drafted, but he needs that consistency to take the next step. I think he steps up this year as one of the leaders with Ski and Scott as the other leaders.

The problem is that XJ isn't as smooth about his bitching as Ski & Spencer are. Ski is the master at manipulating refs. And Spencer, well, we all know he's a top notch politician. XJ needs to learn those traits.

I will never forget whatever game that was where ski was frozen around the top of the key, jumped into a defensive player, and ended up getting the call. I just sat there with my mouth open - I dont think even the biggest homer could have called that a legit foul.
As for spencer, you dont become the mayor if you're not a politician.

New life goal - have Ski do the big marbles dance.

he had his chance, he did this instead:

colorado.gif

I will never forget whatever game that was where ski was frozen around the top of the key, jumped into a defensive player, and ended up getting the call. I just sat there with my mouth open - I dont think even the biggest homer could have called that a legit foul.
As for spencer, you dont become the mayor if you're not a politician.

:lol: I remember that to. Everyone else on the court looked dumbfounded it was called.

As for XJ, needs to take a lesson from Ski and just let the mistakes and bad plays roll off his back and keep playing.

I definitely think he can be drafted. Although, there are some concerns about his size and athletic ability at the next level. Seems to be an undersized 3. Not sure if his game will translate as a SG

How would he be an undersized three?? The average height for an NBA small forward is 6'7.75. Cubuffs.com lists XJ at 6'7.

http://pinwheelempire.com/p/nba/prototypical-size-vs-reality-in-the-nba/

I didn't say he was terribly undersized. But he is undersized imo.

There are certainly players at his height that are very good NBA players. But they are all much better athletes imo. I don't think he is a bad athlete, just isn't going to wow anyone with his height/length and athletic ability. For him to get drafted, would have to improve in the other areas of the game, mainly shooting, ball handling, passing. Even then, likely doesn't translate as a NBA starter type talent

I think him being at pick #34 would assume a lot of improvement in his overall game

So ****ing awesome. I think my favorite reactions are Spencer, Mills, Scott, Ski, and Tad. In that order.

My favorite reaction was my daughters. She said "I saw some Kansas fans in the concourse. I just looked at them and smiled."

The awesomeness of that game will live with me for a very long time. It's right up there with 62-36 and the 07 OU game in terms of pure joy I've felt at a CU sporting event.

My favorite reaction was my daughters. She said "I saw some Kansas fans in the concourse. I just looked at them and smiled."

The awesomeness of that game will live with me for a very long time. It's right up there with 62-36 and the 07 OU game in terms of pure joy I've felt at a CU sporting event.

Too bad you missed the 20-10 game, which ended the dreaded kNU streak in '86: Grown men crying for joy! Then there was that UT B Ball game in Boulder, where Alec schooled the Whorns, while coming back from 20+ down.......Heaven! Never saw anything like it!

Back