What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

YO - Auburn fans, how about some corndogs?

picture.php

All right, let's quit the name callin' and get back to football.

Welcome aboard obalijah, welcome rep sent.

Most of my family is from N. La. and East TX. I know a lot of people who have no problem being called coonasses, to each their own. I have friends from TX, where I grew up, who pride themselves on being called rednecks and/or ****kickers. Everybody is too **** sensitive these days. It's almost like they are looking for something to get offended about.....

You and I need to go on a dive trip one of these years. Belize, Roatan, Caymans, wherever.

Been to the Caymans and Belize, just once for each one, never to Roatan... so I am up for it...:thumbsup: Does Mrs. Sackman dive? LB doesnt....:sad1:

Been to the Caymans and Belize, just once for each one, never to Roatan... so I am up for it...:thumbsup: Does Mrs. Sackman dive? LB doesnt....:sad1:

No, which is why this would be the perfect trip. Those two can go off and hang out at the beach while we're exploring the wall at Roatan.

Roatan, BTW, is probably tops on my list of places I've dived. I liked it better than Belize, which is widely regarded as the top dive spot in the Western Hemisphere.

I'm offended when people say ****, **** or ****. So **** you!

Welcome aboard obalijah, welcome rep sent.

Everybody is too **** sensitive these days. It's almost like they are looking for something to get offended about.....

That's all I was trying to say. :thumbsup: I don't doubt people take offense to the term. **** 'em for being such big pansies.

Did someone say Roatan? Spent 6 months down there one year in West End. Gorgeous wall dives. Can't wait to go back, in fact still can't figure out why I left.

Did someone say Roatan? Spent 6 months down there one year in West End. Gorgeous wall dives. Can't wait to go back, in fact still can't figure out why I left.

The best wall diving I've ever experienced. From 90 feet to oblivion. :wow:

Six months, huh? Were you working for one of the dive companies down there or a resort?

No, which is why this would be the perfect trip. Those two can go off and hang out at the beach while we're exploring the wall at Roatan.

Roatan, BTW, is probably tops on my list of places I've dived. I liked it better than Belize, which is widely regarded as the top dive spot in the Western Hemisphere.

Sounds good to me, lets try to figure something out. june july august would work the best for us.... :thumbsup:

The best wall diving I've ever experienced. From 90 feet to oblivion. :wow:

Yeah, That's where I got the Tech bug. I was diving spooky channel where you follow these huge over hangs down a channel and it spits you out to a little sandy patch at about 110'. you can creep up to the edge of the sand at 130' and look down into the Cayman Trench where it drops another 500'-600'. Sittin' there looking over that edge narc'd out of my gorde all I could think about was coming back and seeing as much of that deep wall as I could. Still working on the certs, but I will be back.

Six months, huh? Were you working for one of the dive companies down there or a resort?

I was a DM at Ocean Connections. That is a whole 'nother story.

Yeah, That's where I got the Tech bug. I was diving spooky channel where you follow these huge over hangs down a channel and it spits you out to a little sandy patch at about 110'. you can creep up to the edge of the sand at 130' and look down into the Cayman Trench where it drops another 500'-600'. Sittin' there looking over that edge narc'd out of my gorde all I could think about was coming back and seeing as much of that deep wall as I could. Still working on the certs, but I will be back.

That's awesome. I would love to DM someplace, but my 'real' job prevents it. Plus I have trouble equalizing, so my ears get all effed up for a week after every trip.

I remember sliding over the wall from 90' to about 110' and thinking "I could just keep going". Then I came to my senses. :smile2: I was just there for one day off of a cruise ship.

Wow, two faced LadyB. Can't call him a coonass, but you sure as hell didn't hesitate to call him a bubba for his simple ways. What's the matter LadyB, did daddy not buy you the red beamer when you was in hs? Had to drive around in the Lexus instead? Huh? there there. You just keep talkin' out both sides yer mouth until it feels better.

you said his name was bubba? what else would one refer to him but his name?

if that is not his name, that is chill.

that works for me! :woot:

That's all I was trying to say. :thumbsup: I don't doubt people take offense to the term. **** 'em for being such big pansies.

they have every right to think you can **** yourself for propagating a term they would not hesitate to make you eat. have a happy dinner, it is coming with their boot.

Sounds good to me, lets try to figure something out. june july august would work the best for us.... :thumbsup:

we have a mid-july trip that you need to not forget about. sacky, when do you want to go?

we have a mid-july trip that you need to not forget about. sacky, when do you want to go?

I checked airfare from Denver to Roatan. It would be cheaper to fly to Australia.:wow:

So to answer your question - when I win the lottery. :lol:

I checked airfare from Denver to Roatan. It would be cheaper to fly to Australia.:wow:

what?? did DS's mom cut your salary??

on a more serious note, always wanted to dive the GBR, so I am in for Australia...:thumbsup:

Last edited:

it is going to be frequent flyer miles, so wherever we go, it needs to be good. why not dive the english channel so that i can have a beer with jensie? :smile2:

it is going to be frequent flyer miles, so wherever we go, it needs to be good. why not dive the english channel so that i can have a beer with jensie? :smile2:

Not much to see in the English Channel. There's probably some wrecks down there, but the water would be too murky to see much. It's really cold, too.

Back