What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

You know what would be awesome?

It's possible to win without a great quarterback -- I seem to remember the Ravens winning a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer at the helm. But, for that to happen, everything else has to be right. And, unfortunately, DH has been unable to get everything else right. The special teams have been awful (despite some success in some catagories this year); the penalties are inexcusable; the o-line is ineffective; the game-planning is, well, non-exisitent; and the on-field coaching decisions have been erratic at best. The Hawk simply hasn't gotten the Buffs prepared to win. The poor performance has a lot less to do whether Cody or Hansen plays than it has to do with flat-out ineffective coaching.

I think it is possible to win without a great qb in some offenses. Barnett ran the type of run-it-down-your-throat offense that minimized the need for a talented qb. However, in these pro-style and spread offenses that are prevalent today I think it requires a more talented guy at the position to have success.

Back