What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your best Askia memories? (Howell writing a column)

Scott has allowed frustration with his offensive game (and touches) to get to his head in the past and effect his whole game & attitude. In a way, the back injury this year was a blessing in disguise on that note. Ski had the same type of issue a couple years ago when he had that horrible shooting slump during his sophomore Pac-12 play. But he came out the other end stronger. That's where I think Scott is.

But in terms of who takes it the point of maybe caring too much (and that sometimes getting into his head in a bad way), I'm pretty sure Goose is talking about Dustin. Dustin's the type of personality CU can win with and we need some of that to rub off on some of his teammates.
Good call. DT has taken a lot of flak this year, but I'm a big fan of him.

Talked to him briefly when I ran into him on campus. He was one of the most humble and genuine athletes I've talked to. For such a quiet guy, he has done a phenomenal job of representing the university and the basketball team. He's truly an all-time great Buff.

With that said, nothing beats the shot. Just check the avatar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But in terms of who takes it the point of maybe caring too much (and that sometimes getting into his head in a bad way), I'm pretty sure Goose is talking about Dustin. Dustin's the type of personality CU can win with and we need some of that to rub off on some of his teammates.

I agree with this. Dustin has been a lot more aggressive lately, and at times is the only one to go hard to the rack. He's got a chip on his shoulder. I hope his stroke comes during the summer, as he could be a phenomenal player

It's been an awful season but I thought I'd share.

My parents are ardent CU supporters. They live in the mountain town of Leadville and don't miss a single CU home game. Until recently, when my father got a job driving a truck at the mine, he hasn't missed a CU home game in years in both football or basketball.

But this isn't about my dad. He's like the rest of us unstable CU fans. He's a freaking nut, hoping in football for glory days (or a bowl game) and loves basketball but has an unreserved hate for Xavier Talton and Johnson. Beside the point.

This is about my mom. A lukewarm CU fan that goes to the games for something to do. In order she likes games this way:
1) Nice fall football day where the sun is shining ("and there are no bad days in Boulder when the sun is shining" she always say)
2) Any basketball game.

She loves the Buffs. Understood my hate for the world when Spencer tore his ACL. Chest bumped me when we beat Kansas. Hates Arizona State and "that no-talent, thug" that elbowed Josh Scott a couple years ago. Was beside herself when the big galute from USC hip checked Askia a couple weeks ago and the refs didn't call a flagarant.

So tonight we are talking. She's coming down this weekend as they're trying to sell their place in North Boulder.

"Mom are you going to the game on Sunday," I said.

"Of course. Leave our tickets on the counter," she said.

I told her it was senior day and it would be the last time she'd ever see Askia Booker play at home.

There was a pause. And another. And another.

"I'm sad about that," she finally got out.

Ski has been my mom's favorite since he got to campus. This is a lady that read books at football games in the sun. This is a lady that has as much interest in sports as I do in the Kardashians.

But Ski has been her favorite player since his freshman year. "There's something about him. He's not big or the best. But, I don't know, there is something about him I like," she'd say.

I think that's my thought of Askia Booker. My feelings sway from this board. I like Ski, but swore at the 14 foot jumpers he'd pull in transition and scream at the awful 3's he'd take. I also broke stuff in celebration when he hit that 3 against Kansas.

But the kid had heart and my mom could see that. She saw past all the indiscretions that some had and realized the only thing you can't teach is effort. Someone on the board brought it up that he's the last strain to this time in CU basketball.

And as my mom said.

"Oh gosh no, I wouldn't miss it. He's the best."

Last edited:
Great post [MENTION=1140]hefdub[/MENTION]

Here is what I learned about CU basketball over the years

You favorite players will always leave.
It always feels like they leave too soon.
You will a always find a new favorite player.
You don't choose a new favorite player, it just happens.
Your new favorite player may not be who you expect.

And the number one thing I learned is to appreciate the guys while they are here because they are gone it the blink of an eye.

Back