What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Your current feelings on CU football

sad donkey GIF

Hmm what else do all those coaches have in common that they don't have in common with Prime? :unsure:
Well race is but one factor. Attention and fan fare is another. With the attention and fan fare comes scrutiny. I don't think race is the only factor, or even the main one, if I'm being honest.

Well race is but one factor. Attention and fan fare is another. With the attention and fan fare comes scrutiny. I don't think race is the only factor, or even the main one, if I'm being honest.
Seeing some of the comments on social media and such. It’s a pretty big slab of racism on a plate, that is garnished with smashed potato-like glitz and glamour (albeit covered in gravy from the racism slab) and roasted seasonal veggie-like “what about the kids and staff from last year?”

You don’t think race plays a major factor in how people look at Prime? LMAO
Please point to where I said that I didn't think race plays a major role in how people look at CP? You can't. I said I didn't think it was the only factor or even the main factor. It still is a major factor.

You said, “I don't think race is the only factor, or even the main one, if I'm being honest.”
Yes, that is what I said. I think the initial attention and fan fare is the main factor in the scrutiny he and the program are facing, followed by race. Both can still be "major" factors. I didn't think this was a controversial or unclear statement.

Yes, that is what I said. I think the initial attention and fan fare is the main factor in the scrutiny he and the program are facing, followed by race. Both can still be "major" factors. I didn't think this was a controversial or unclear statement.
Nice backtrack.

Race is the number one factor for how black people are evaluated in this country. This is especially true for a highly confident, unapologetically black person.

Nice backtrack.

Race is the number one factor for how black people are evaluated in this country. This is especially true for a highly confident, unapologetically black person.
I'm not backtracking. I didn't say race isn't a major factor in how he is evaluated. I said I think the main factor is the unwarranted attention the program got at the beginning without a track record of on field success. It rubbed many people the wrong way. Race is still a major factor but it's not always the main or only factor in why some people are critical of people of color.

I'm not backtracking. I didn't say race isn't a major factor in how he is evaluated. I said I think the main factor is the unwarranted attention the program got at the beginning without a track record of on field success. It rubbed many people the wrong way. Race is still a major factor but it's not always the main or only factor in why some people are critical of people of color.
CU has nothing to be defensive about in terms of its history of HC hiring and evaluation. If anything the school has been a poster child for the color-blind manner in which it has staffed its football program. Ignore the axe grinders here.

Last edited:
You said it was a factor and minimized it. You never said it was a “major” factor until I pointed out that you’re wrong. I’m glad you saw the err of the message.

As for the rest… the reason why the program getting attention “rubbed people the wrong way” was primarily due to race. You didn’t have a lot of black critics (other than Uncle Tom Jason Whitlock) saying that Prime shouldn’t be getting national attention.

I’ll repeat: race is the number one factor for how black people are evaluated in this country. This is especially true for someone who is so unapologetic about his blackness as Prime. For his entire career, white people have attempted to regulate Prime’s demeanor. They have always wanted him to “know his place” and “fall in line.”

Win or lose, Prime is going to do it his way no matter what anybody has to say about it.

You said it was a factor and minimized it. You never said it was a “major” factor until I pointed out that you’re wrong. I’m glad you saw the err of the message.

As for the rest… the reason why the program getting attention “rubbed people the wrong way” was primarily due to race. You didn’t have a lot of black critics (other than Uncle Tom Jason Whitlock) saying that Prime shouldn’t be getting national attention.

I’ll repeat: race is the number one factor for how black people are evaluated in this country. This is especially true for someone who is so unapologetic about his blackness as Prime. For his entire career, white people have attempted to regulate Prime’s demeanor. They have always wanted him to “know his place” and “fall in line.”

Win or lose, Prime is going to do it his way no matter what anybody has to say about it.
I'm see no err in my message.

People don't like McChesney because he is loud, brash, proud and confident. Same with Conor McGegor. Logan and Jake Paul, Trump etc...but it's not because they're white. If people of color are loud, brash, proud and confident, the main reason they're disliked can only be attributed to skin color? Where you're wrong is minimizing other factors why people are critical of CP.

Bottom line is CP and the white people mentioned above are just as loved as they are hated. What attracts people to them, repels others. To reduce the reason for the repellant down to ONLY skin color is a lazy cop-out and excuses ****ty behavior by attributing it to a factor that's out of their control.

Racism exists and is not just simply terrible, it's a tool of the devil from the pit of hell. But it's not the only reason people are disliked.

I'm see no err in my message.

People don't like McChesney because he is loud, brash, proud and confident. Same with Conor McGegor. Logan and Jake Paul, Trump etc...but it's not because they're white. If people of color are loud, brash, proud and confident, the main reason they're disliked can only be attributed to skin color? Where you're wrong is minimizing other factors why people are critical of CP.

Bottom line is CP and the white people mentioned above are just as loved as they are hated. What attracts people to them, repels others. To reduce the reason for the repellant down to ONLY skin color is a lazy cop-out and excuses ****ty behavior by attributing it to a factor that's out of their control.

Racism exists and is not just simply terrible, it's a tool of the devil from the pit of hell. But it's not the only reason people are disliked.
Ummm… you’re only proving my point. The people you mention are applauded for those qualities. Connor McGregor got a major payday for fighting one of the greatest boxers ever without being a real boxer. Same with the Paul brothers. They print money in social media precisely because their arrogance is seen as confidence even though they’re both morons. deej is the greatest con of all time and gets white people to like him at an overwhelming margin even at the expense of our government and standing in the world. See a trend?

Prime has always had haters. They’re almost universally white. They want to regulate him. They don’t like that he challenges white authority because he is unapolgetically black.

I’ll repeat: black people in this country are seen with a racial focus. That is the light in which they are evaluated.

Back