What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

1 play away from beating Cal

I feel for these poor kids playing for this dithering dunce and worthless assistants. Hawk has done what Fairbanks and the "scandal" could not, reduced us to complete irrelevancy.

Let's look at the brightside, Toledo "One-Play Away" Dan is going to be in for a hell of a surprise when he finally gets canned. In his world of unicorns, we've been competing for BCS Championships during the past 5 years. Puke.

I stayed away for a long time because I made some enemies here (bcs, dbt... I'm sorry guys) and it didn't seem worth it to battle with my fellow Buffs die hards over whether we suck or how much we suck. I think after the misery of the DH era we're all in agreement that the program is in shambles. For what it's worth, I was one of the first posters to go ultra-negative on DH back during the '08 season. I caught a ration of **** from the sunshine pumpers at that time but I suppose the results speak for themselves. I'm not in any way happy to have been right about this idiot. I was at work today watching CU all time highlights on youtube. I watched bits of the national championship, Hagan to Flannigan, the '01 nebraska game highlights (set to AC/DC back in black, sweet) and I reflected on the fact that it was so long ago that it almost feels like it was a dream that we were ever competitive. Imagine that. We're so far from just being competitive it seems unattainable. This is what this... "man" has wrought. Football is just a sport. I know this. CU is just a school. Colorado is just a state. Maybe I shouldn't take any of this **** seriously. But then I think... where does my loyalty lie if not here? That's the difference between us and D2 dan. He'll go on from here and get a job as the night janitor at Boise Community College but we'll still be here. Suffering along with our team. How many years will it take till his stink is off of us? I don't know the answer, but I know that if I'm still alive I'll still bleed black and gold. CU Uber Alles.

Wow thats great Dan, youll have to excuse me that I dont get excited. Just fire the guy and get it over with. He is so desperate, he is naming one play for a 45 point loss. He is either that desperate or the joke we think he is.

I stayed away for a long time because I made some enemies here (bcs, dbt... I'm sorry guys) and it didn't seem worth it to battle with my fellow Buffs die hards over whether we suck or how much we suck. I think after the misery of the DH era we're all in agreement that the program is in shambles. For what it's worth, I was one of the first posters to go ultra-negative on DH back during the '08 season. I caught a ration of **** from the sunshine pumpers at that time but I suppose the results speak for themselves. I'm not in any way happy to have been right about this idiot. I was at work today watching CU all time highlights on youtube. I watched bits of the national championship, Hagan to Flannigan, the '01 nebraska game highlights (set to AC/DC back in black, sweet) and I reflected on the fact that it was so long ago that it almost feels like it was a dream that we were ever competitive. Imagine that. We're so far from just being competitive it seems unattainable. This is what this... "man" has wrought. Football is just a sport. I know this. CU is just a school. Colorado is just a state. Maybe I shouldn't take any of this **** seriously. But then I think... where does my loyalty lie if not here? That's the difference between us and D2 dan. He'll go on from here and get a job as the night janitor at Boise Community College but we'll still be here. Suffering along with our team. How many years will it take till his stink is off of us? I don't know the answer, but I know that if I'm still alive I'll still bleed black and gold. CU Uber Alles.

We definitely made it hard for ourselves. Someday, someone will review all this in the front office and get us back to basics. The truth is we haven't hired a really hard nosed fundamentals football coach since Bill McCartney. A man that had no ties to the Colorado let alone Colorado Football. A man from the Woody Hayes coaching tree who coached under Bo Schembechler. He was around a lot of success.

Neuheisel was hired because Albino wanted someone inexpensive and he was viewed as a hot commodity. I believe Marolt left over having his hand forced. Neu was unproven and risky.

Barnett was probably hired more because of he was the easy hire rather than the right hire. Kubiak said no and Barney had ties and he was telegraphing that he wanted to come back. Barnett was the closest of the three to Bill having won at NW.

Neinas was hired to hire Dan. Thanks Chuck. Dan looked good on the outside but in reality all his winning occurred in small places.

Last edited:
CFB head coach? Jesus! This guy will never see a HC position ever again beyond Farleigh - Dickinson level again!

Maybe this team folds so quickly because they have absolutely no trust with their coaches to make the necessary adjustments.

That and/or the bs Cawk pedals is all veneer. So when the platitudes wear off, they get popped in the mouth and fold. Because there is zero substance.

I remember when he had a blog his first year. I read it pretty regularly. I even read some of the books he recommended. I stopped when he started posting links to get rich quick scammer sites / low level personal development crap, with quotes. I was shocked at the crap he was linking. He's an infomercial coach, period. If anyone cares I'm sure they can find a cached version of his blog somewhere. I'm assuming it's not still up, I haven't checked. Just checked, some of it is still up. Not wasting any more time digging however.

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=1250482

Maybe this team folds so quickly because they have absolutely no trust with their coaches to make the necessary adjustments.

Back