What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA ATH Kevin Smith (Signed to Washington)

Buffnik

Real name isn't Nik
Club Member
Junta Member
Rivals
Scout
ESPN

749676.jpg

Centennial HS (Compton, CA)

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 205 lbs
Forty: 4.5

Rivals Rating: NR; NR
Scout Rating: 4*; #21 Safety
ESPN Rating: 3* - 78 rating; #54 ATH

Last edited:
Re: '10 CA WR Kevin Smith

We're the first in on him and not a lot of info yet.

Supposedly he's already got over 500 yards receiving this year, has a 40 inch vertical, and should get even faster since he still runs like a basketball player (all this according to his coach).

Hopefully being the first to offer will pay dividends here.

??seriously?? You wouldn't like to see 405 lbs running at 4.5 40 speed through opponents (and maybe goal posts)?

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. :wink2:

...now with offers from Colorado, Washington and Arizona.

Check out the play near 3:15

[video=youtube;E6hlKSkns7E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6hlKSkns7E[/video]

Solid FS and WR. I would like his speed in our secondary, but would gladly take him at WR. Great acceleration and speed.

I don't know. I'd love his ball skills at safety and he's definitely got the body for it, but he's still learning how to hit/tackle. As an ex basketball player, he'll probably be ready sooner as a WR. I bet he gets his first shot on offense in college. I'd love to land this guy, btw. The new video confirmed it for me.

Looks like the best out of the group of his teammates. Hopefully we can land of couple of them and that will sway Smith.

Interview with Grammage last night made it sound like the 4 guys from Compton (Smith, Street, Davis & Gammage) would like to go to college together. If so, we're in great shape on getting these commitments.

Re: '10 CA ATH Kevin Smith

Scout just did an evaluation and has Smith as a 4* Safety.

One line I loved from the new article I loved was about how the knock on Smith is that he is sometimes overly aggressive and will miss some tackles because of it:

"From a scouting standpoint though, if a player is going to miss a tackle, I certainly want it to be mistakes based on aggression rather than hesitancy. One of my favorite southern expressions: It's a lot easier to put a bit in his mouth than a boot in his butt."

Last edited:

I love me some overly aggressive players.

Sounds like UW is the team to beat here, though.

he's definetley a brotha that will smotha ya motha. and make your sister think he lova. But football wise **** it. Let him play both ways. stephone robinson did it right?

Sounding like he's going to commit to Washington. :sad2:

Re: '10 CA ATH Kevin Smith (Committed to Washington)

Pretty much expected, but still disappointing.

Back