What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CA QB Brett Nottingham (Signed to Stanford)

Re: '10 CA QB Brett Nottingham

Any ideas who (and if you can't name names for some reason, I understand), or is that just your reading of the situation?
Nope. I'm in the same boat as you guys. It sounds like we are targeting another guy. It's a gamble.

either that or Kiesau wasn't as impresses at the camp as the writer was.... There's obviously some questions as Stanford is the first BCS team to offer.

Personally I hope Colter reconsiders and ends up in Boulder.

So, what's the news? CSU?

NEvermind... Edit:

It's UCLA. You guys who say **** **** **** could give info.

Sorry. I was not trying to hide the fact he committed to UCLA. Losing Brehaut and Nottingham in consecutive years to them really hurts.

I have no idea where we go from here, but it is getting really damn frustrating with top QBs going elsewhere. Can't we just get one?

Re: '10 CA QB Brett Nottingham (Committed to UCLA)

You snooze, you lose Hawk. Hard to committ without an offer.:bang:

Actually, in his interview with the Bruins site, he says he HAD a CU offer, but when his childhood dream team offered a couple days later, he said yes, without hesitation.

Sorry. I was not trying to hide the fact he committed to UCLA. Losing Brehaut and Nottingham in consecutive years to them really hurts.

I have no idea where we go from here, but it is getting really damn frustrating with top QBs going elsewhere. Can't we just get one?

Can the Buffs get Broadway out of Baton Rouge?

Can the Buffs get Broadway out of Baton Rouge?

I wish I could say yes, but I just do not think so. Would love to be wrong though.

Wish we would give Sean Robinson out of Illinois a look. Also, Tyler Arndt out of Texas.

Last edited:

Hopefully Hawk has a plan for a QB this year or next. Maybe they're really going to let Spond have a go at QB?

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey now, this is Allbuffs
We are not allowed to speak, blabber, prattle, snivel, mummer or otherwise bark one word of negative or desperate drivel on this board or else face the dreaded DOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

NO DISSENTING COMMENTS ALLOWED

Having gotten that out of the way so as to spare some other poor soul the pain of doing it, I'm 100% with you BB, I'd like to see us land a big time blue chipper similar to the Darrell Scott coup.

I just don't think it will happen while Cody Hawkins is still in school.

Hey, hey, hey, hey, hey now, this is Allbuffs
We are not allowed to speak, blabber, prattle, snivel, mummer or otherwise bark one word of negative or desperate drivel on this board or else face the dreaded DOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!

NO DISSENTING COMMENTS ALLOWED

Having gotten that out of the way so as to spare some other poor soul the pain of doing it, I'm 100% with you BB, I'd like to see us land a big time blue chipper similar to the Darrell Scott coup.

I just don't think it will happen while Cody Hawkins is still in school.

:lol:

As I said a couple weeks ago, the Cody excuse rings pretty hollow to me. Any player signing in the 2010 class would not be competing with Cody at all as he would be redshirting during Cody's senior season. The coaches simply are not getting it done on the recruiting trail when it comes to QBs. What is the excuse going to be next year?

Also, the rivals posters are cracking me up (not saying anything like this is happening here). It has predictably turned to "Do we really need a good QB?" type talk. It can't hurt, can it?:wow:

:lol:

As I said a couple weeks ago, the Cody excuse rings pretty hollow to me. Any player signing in the 2010 class would not be competing with Cody at all as he would be redshirting during Cody's senior season. The coaches simply are not getting it done on the recruiting trail when it comes to QBs. What is the excuse going to be next year?

Also, the rivals posters are cracking me up (not saying anything like this is happening here). It has predictably turned to "Do we really need a good QB?" type talk. It can't hurt, can it?:wow:
yes we do need one. Good thing Clark Evans is here. :wink2:

As I said a couple weeks ago, the Cody excuse rings pretty hollow to me.

Edit: Ha I know.. I'll just leave it at that

Last edited:

fUCLA. Crissman, Briehaut, and now Nottingham. We offered and he didn't commit. UCLA is his dream school, so I guess there's nothing we could do.

I'm comfortable with the idea of Evans being the starter in another year or two, but depth could be a serious issue.

I may be too, once I see him play

You don't really need to see him play. Just read his thread and believe.

EDIT: And where is TH in all of this discussion? The kid is a winner, he's working his butt off, he's got natural athleticism, a live arm and three remaining years of eligibility.

I know we're talking long-term and all, but he's still here for one year after Cody.

Good luck to Nottingham - Must be exciting to get an opportunity to go to your dream school.

Back