1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'10 CO OLB Zac Blaha (Committed to Colorado PWO)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by AlferdJasper, May 24, 2010.

1. AlferdJasper

AlferdJasper Well-Known Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    Maxpreps

zac blaha..jpg
    The Classical Academy Charter H.S. (Colorado Springs, CO)

Ht: 6-foot-3
    Wt: 210 lbs
    40:

Rivals rating:
    Scout rating:
    ESPN rating:

Reported Offers:

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. AlferdJasper

An intriguing player, Zac Blaha managed to be in the Denver Post's All-State 2A Colorado team,
    but was the Colorado Springs Gazette's 3A Player of the year. No explanation for that.

Both papers agree he finished the year with 99 tackles.

3A-A football athlete of the year: Zac Blaha, The Classical Academy
    Denver Post All-State 2A team
    Zach Blaha, Classical Academy, Sr., LB, honorable mention

[video=youtube;crRlFhwZCSk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crRlFhwZCSk[/video]

Gazette Highlight Video (Zac is #40)

http://www.gazette.com/video/?videoId=57975243001&play=now

[video]http://www.gazette.com/video/?videoId=57975243001[/video]

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  3. Highflyer

Highflyer Moderator Club Member Junta Member

As I mentioend on Rivals, I saw this kid at the northeast Y here in the Springs. I thought he looked way bigger than the 220 that he told Adam M he weighs. Kid is yoked.

4. AlferdJasper

One explanation is most of Rivals profiles are gathered when the kids are juniors in high school. Unless someone goes back and manually changes the weight, it will stay the same from Fall of their junior year until they graduate high school. Kids can grow six inches and put on 30 lbs. and their stats don't change.

5. Highflyer

I get that, but Adam talked to him in a recent interview and Blaha told Adam he weighed 220. I had suggested he was heavier than that, near 240 just based on the eye ball test.

6. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

What position do y'all think he'll end up at?

7. Highflyer

One of the LB positions is where he will practice. I suspect the way he sees the field is on ST if he ends up playing at all.

8. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

If he can help us on special teams we are way ahead considering he isn't costing us a scholly. Our coverage teams last year were one of the few positive areas of the team but outside of a couple of big returns (mostly by DS who is gone) our return game stunk, partly due to lack of speed by the returners but also due to poor blocking.

If a few walk-ons can provide quality play on specials that frees up front line guys to concentrate on their primary positions on O and D making those positions better. Of course you hope that you also get a couple of walk-ons every year who can step up and become regular players. Recently we have had major contributions from Scotty and Jeff Smart, both walk-ons.:sad1:

It is interesting however that we have fallen to the point of putting our hopes on guys who didn't get scholly offers from other D-1 schools. Sad