What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO PK/QB Ryan Stokes

AlferdJasper

Rivals
Scout
ESPN
MaxPreps Profile

647141.jpg
647143.jpg

golden_kennedy_boys_football_image.jpg

Golden High School (Golden, CO)

Ht: 6-foot-2
Wt: 185
40: 4.6

Rivals rating: unrated QB
Scout rating: unrated QB
ESPN rating: not in database

While listed as a dual-threat QB, he's described as a "solid" quarterback and "top" kicker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting player, he was a top dual-threat quarterback, but made the all-state team as a kicker. He is not actively being recruited by CU (as far as I know), but I'm throwing him up here on the board since he is the top kicker in the state who is uncommitted.

Rivals says:
http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/viewprospect.asp?Sport=1&pr_key=92683
Ryan Stokes threw for 622 more yards than any other quarterback has at the 4A level in Colorado this fall.

The Golden High gunslinger completed 65 percent of his passes for 3,012 yards and 37 touchdowns in 10 games as a senior. He also gained 507 yards on the ground.

Scout says:
This past weekend, in a wild score fest of a win against league opponent Dakota Ridge, senior quarterback Ryan Stokes had a game that equals many players career. Running and passing the ball, Stokes led his crew and managed to outscore the Eagles 52-48. The action was especially frantic in the fourth quarter as the teams combined for 42 points. On the evening, Stokes passed for 263 yards and four scores. In addition to the pass yards, Stokes showed his athleticism running for 168 yards. Stokes also added a 38 yard field goal. Stokes’ big game was needed to fight off the game of his opposite number junior quarterback Bolton Howes of Dakota Ridge who threw for 277 yards and two scores.

Sounds like a heck of an athlete. Always good to get guys like that in the program, especially as walk-ons.

Interesting player, he was a top dual-threat quarterback, but made the all-state team as a kicker. He is not actively being recruited by CU (as far as I know), but I'm throwing him up here on the board since he is the top kicker in the state who is uncommitted.

Now, wouldn't it be nice to have a PK that could kick and still have the skills to pull of a fake with a reasonable chance of success.

Back