What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'10 CO RB Mister Jones (Signed to Texas A&M)

I'd love for him to come home. Not sure whether he'd be a RB or LB, but he can play. It was a shame we lost him in the first place. Something deteriorated there between Jones and our coaches during recruitment.

Pass. The one HS game I saw he dominated every other player on the field. Made tacklers look like children trying to bring down a blue chip recruit. Anecdotal evidence from someone I knew who's spent time around Mister points to the sad truth that, had he signed here, he would not have lasted a semester under Embree. Grades and other personal matters would have shown him the door, maybe even under Hawk. Hopefully he's matured some but from what I heard on multiple occasions a little more than a year ago it's not worth risking a scholarship.

Looking at the entire picture I'm not sure that I would want to take him. No question about his athletic ability but as far down the depth chart as he was at A&M he certainly didn't stand out there. Coming here learning a new system, maybe a new position, taking up a scholly for one, maybe two years before he can play then only having a couple of years. I think he would need to really sell Embree on the deal.

May be the type of kid whe ends up at CSU. They would be beside themselves to have him.

Would Embree & Co take Jones after passing on C Martin? Are their situations that much different? just curious, not slamming either player

adamcm777 Adam Munsterteiger

Former Littleton High and Texas A&M RB Mister Jones has enrolled at De Anza College in Cupertino, Calif. He began classes there today.

Former Littleton High and Texas A&M RB Mister Jones has enrolled at De Anza College in Cupertino, Calif. He began classes there today.

Good move for him, let him get his academics and athletic career sorted out and back on track. I have talked about this before. Kids go out of state to "big name" schools and quickly get shuffled to the back since Colorado isn't a recruiting priority for the school. Mister let some people influence him to go to A&M when he would have been better off at a number of other places.

Last edited:

I hope we didn't just decided to pass on him. The good thing about this though is now EB can go and find us his 5th 2-star RB since he took over less then a year ago! D.D. Goodson, Terrance Crowder, Malcolm Creer, and Rashad Hall (even with that little issue that EB didn't seem to mind about him not being eligible) are surley going to put us over the top! They will combine to form an unstoppable backfield for years to come, just ask Bigbang, he'll tell you. Sports Illustrated's #1 recruiter in college football doing work!

Last edited:
I hope we didn't just decided to pass on him. The good thing about this though is now EB can go and find us his 5th 2-star RB since he took over less then a year ago! D.D. Goodson, Terrance Crowder, Malcolm Creer, and Rashad Hall (even with that little issue that EB didn't seem to mind about him not being eligible) are surley going to put us over the top! They will combine to form an unstoppable backfield for years to come, just ask Bigbang, he'll tell you. Sports Illustrated's #1 recruiter in college football doing work!

You are going to piss some people off with this post, but there is a lot of truth in it (even if I think you have gone about it in a better way).

Enrolling at DeAnza pretty much eliminates the cause for transfer as being his Mom is sick again. Did anyone ever confirm that rumor?

I definitely thought EB would be hauling in more Wes Brown types too. I guess I was hoping for too much..

I still think Creer looked way better as a DB, not so good as a RB. I'd like to see us move Creer and recruit a shifty 3rd down back type. BB I believe put him on his watch list awhile back, Tim Wright would fit that bit quite nicely.

It's hard to criticize Embo and EB on the guys they have passed on. It's not like Mister Jones is enrolled at Arizona State or something. The issue is with the guys we want that they're not landing.

I definitely thought EB would be hauling in more Wes Brown types too. I guess I was hoping for too much..

Eric can't turn his biological clock back 20 years or regain eligibility and run the ball himself for this team. No blue chip from outside our recruiting area is going to even notice a school that hasn't had a winning season since before he played on his 7th grade football squad.

Eric can't turn his biological clock back 20 years or regain eligibility and run the ball himself for this team. No blue chip from outside our recruiting area is going to even notice a school that hasn't had a winning season since before he played on his 7th grade football squad.

Meh, coaches can recruit to losing situations. WA has hauled in some solid players even though they have sucked harder than us the last decade or so. Unfortunately whatever EB was selling the top RB prospects this cycle weren't buying. This cycle was pretty bad for RB prospects on the west coast, though.

Meh, coaches can recruit to losing situations. WA has hauled in some solid players even though they have sucked harder than us the last decade or so. Unfortunately whatever EB was selling the top RB prospects this cycle weren't buying. This cycle was pretty bad for RB prospects on the west coast, though.

They certainly have. I think the Seattle area has the edge on us in homegrown football talent as of late and Sarkisian has been able to get many more of them to stay home. Wish we could lock our state down better instead of hear about our stars 3 and up who leave the state and find success.

Super Troll!

I'm going to go with the guy who coached Adrian Peterson and Maurice Jones-Drew's opinion on RB's.

They certainly have. I think the Seattle area has the edge on us in homegrown football talent as of late and Sarkisian has been able to get many more of them to stay home. Wish we could lock our state down better instead of hear about our stars 3 and up who leave the state and find success.

I was referring more to their success in CA. Their current starter is Chris Polk and was at one time committed to USC. Now, Sarkisian is a much bigger name in socal than anyone on our staff, but still, I was expecting a little more. That said, I don't doubt EB and if he likes what he sees in what he has, so be it. I was just hoping for more Wes Browns than Terrence Crowders, but as long as the Terrence Crowders tear it up on the field, I could care less.

I was referring more to their success in CA. Their current starter is Chris Polk and was at one time committed to USC. Now, Sarkisian is a much bigger name in socal than anyone on our staff, but still, I was expecting a little more. That said, I don't doubt EB and if he likes what he sees in what he has, so be it. I was just hoping for more Wes Browns than Terrence Crowders, but as long as the Terrence Crowders tear it up on the field, I could care less.

I guess their history in that conference is something of an excuse for them to fare better in California. I'd like OL recruiting to improve over RB recruiting for us, especially with the crop of talented linemen in Colorado who get high ratings yet rarely stay here. A line that can open lanes will make a Bieniemy-coached runner's production closer to stellar regardless of his offer sheet.

I see you selectively omitted Daviene Payne from your post to make your pont. And BTW Terrence Crowder is a 3 star RB.

I'm going to go with the guy who coached Adrian Peterson and Maurice Jones-Drew's opinion on RB's.

You mean the #1 overall recruit from the 2004 class and the #1 all-purpose back in the 2003 class?

I see you selectively omitted Daviene Payne from your post to make your pont. And BTW Terrence Crowder is a 3 star RB.

Crowder is a 2* on two sites and a low 3* on the other two sites.

Back