1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'10 OK RB Qua'Don Henderson

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by Sexton Hardcastle, Aug 16, 2009.

1. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN

[​IMG]
    North HS (Edmond, OK)

Ht: 5-foot-10
    Wt: 187 lbs
    Forty: 4.58 secs
    Vertical: 38 inches
    Shuttle: 3.94 secs

[video=youtube;aoz6VaJimoc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoz6VaJimoc[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2010
  2. Sexton Hardcastle

More...

3. Sexton Hardcastle

I think Q played with Simon at Tulsa Union. Maybe Shaun could help swing him our way!

4. Sexton Hardcastle

More...

5. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

I'll see if I can dig anything up, but I believe he's been at Edmond North the whole time.

He may not have the break-away, straight-line speed, but he runs hard. Seems to have a great sense of where the hole will be and hits it hard. Looks to be the kind of runner that would rather drop his shoulder and take on a defender.

edit - interesting that Rivals has his 1st 2 offers as Air Force and Navy. Pretty good indicator of his scholastic record so far.

6. Sexton Hardcastle

It's in my link above.
    http://blog.newsok.com/highschoolsports/2009/08/12/ed-north-quadon-henderson-ready-to-roll/

He's definitely a late bloomer.

7. BehindEnemyLines

Oooops, missed the link. Odd that someone transferred from one of the Tulsa schools

8. Sexton Hardcastle

Maybe for PT. But he didn't play last season.

9. BehindEnemyLines

Got a response from the sports writer who covers the Edmond area schools. I noted/asked a couple of questions - 1) that it was odd for a player to move from one of the eastern powers, so what was the story behind the transfer, and 2) that the article (daily paper) seemed to indicate that he didn't play last year, and did he have any info.

The writer responded and said that:

"1. his mother got a job with Edmond schools, so he moved like a week before the season started." (last year)

"2. He did play last year. He wasn't very familiar with the system or the schemes and admitted to being out of shape. He's a lot happier mentally going into this season."

If the player/CU are still mutually interested come fall, I'll try to catch one of the Edmond North games.

Sexton Hardcastle likes this.
  10. Sexton Hardcastle

No offer yet, but anything can happen.

11. BehindEnemyLines

I watched Henderson play yesterday evening. Just for info, Edmond North (6-0) played at Midwest City (4-2) - MWC won 42-13. Henderson isn't the starter at rb - a kid named Aska is first team (name s/b familiar, he had a brother that played d1). The rushing attack for Edmond North has been good this year, but MWC shut 'em down tonight. Here's some observations:

Henderson is quick and has quick feet. Has good balance and seems to "see" things well. Can take a hit and will lower the shoulder for extra yardage (on one play, a 295lb d/lineman crushed him, but he held onto the ball). Good receiver - catches the ball with his hands. Returns punts - did not muff or miss any, and made good decisions. One return was for around 30 yards (this is the only time I saw him in space - speed was okay). Rivals shows he's been offered by Air Force and Navy - sounds like a solid student.

He seems to run a bit high, which is unusual since he's really not tall. Shifty, but doesn't make a lot of people miss. Needs to gain wieght/size/power - goes down pretty easy.

Opinions - decent back, but not really in the upper echelons of hs backs. He does some things well and has some skills. If we hold onto Mister Jones, I'd take Henderson - he could redshirt and get more physical.

I'm not a scout or big-time talent evaluator, but some things just stand out. I don't mean to dis the kid; I'm glad he's interested in us. But, as I was watching the game, I couldn't help thinking, "third down back".

Edmond North should make the playoffs (if their starting qb comes back - was injured against Midwest City). I'll try to catch another game or two and will provide updates.