What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

114 point differential in p12 play

Why is it always the assumption that if CU manages a close loss, something they have raised to an art form BTW, that CU played up to their competition rather than their competition played down to them? If it breaks either way 50% of the time, that means CU is really ****ty and nowhere close to being a real P12 team. I guess that is why most folks look at the W-L record.....
Sure teams play down to us. But when we were getting blown out by 50 at half they were also playing down to us. Improvement is improvement. Is it enough, that's the valid question.

Sure teams play down to us. But when we were getting blown out by 50 at half they were also playing down to us. Improvement is improvement. Is it enough, that's the valid question.
It is enough if we aspire to be Iowa State, Illinois, Vandy, or Wake Forest, for example....

He can't recruit on par with a new staff at OSU that brought in a D Coordinator to head things up. He waited until this year to address massively needed changes and brought in two guys that have done more than the rest of the staff combined. He signed his own son and hasn't brought in a four star to replace Spruce as a result. He has relied on a QB brought on by Embree.

If he stays, he is fired if he loses to CSU and the D coordinator takes over.

Ripping on kids who have committed to be Buffs is not cool. You don't know jack **** about how they will perform. I didn't see any bitching when Lynott and Middlemiss committed.

While we do not know how they will perform, there is a fairly accurate rating system that does a good job of predicting future play.

It is enough if we aspire to be Iowa State, Illinois, Vandy, or Wake Forest, for example....
Utah would be a step up. Lots of 2 stars there. Bottom dwellers struggle to recruit. You get Yuri Wright often.

Recruiting better is always better than not. But you are not going to recruit your way out of the cellar. Can't find a single team that did. Dark reference above is not accurate as UW was recruiting WAY above us when he took over. He took over a team that had quit but had talent that we dream of.

We are deficient right now in a few key areas:

1. ST play is poor. Fire Neinas. Our D got better but coverage on ST still sucks.
2 WR talent is aweful. Why? Kennedy's guys are doing nothing. Are any new guys taking over?
3. OL play has regressed. Fire Bernardi.
4. QB play is subpar. Sefo took the keys and he had a subpar season.

You got to find guys you build around and I'm not alarmed with what I see on Defense. 3 Jucos plus some freshmen stepped in and made us better.

Offense did not get better. Cade actually ran screens today. Why do we not do that with Sefo. Is he not capable?

Utah would be a step up. Lots of 2 stars there. Bottom dwellers struggle to recruit. You get Yuri Wright often.

Recruiting better is always better than not. But you are not going to recruit your way out of the cellar. Can't find a single team that did. Dark reference above is not accurate as UW was recruiting WAY above us when he took over. He took over a team that had quit but had talent that we dream of.

1. ST play is poor. Fire Neinas. Our D got better but coverage on ST still sucks.
2 WR talent is aweful. Why? Kennedy's guys are doing nothing. Are any new guys taking over?

You got to find guys you build around and I'm not alarmed with what I see on Defense. 3 Jucos plus some freshmen stepped in and made us better.

Offense did not get better. Cade actually ran screens today. Why do we not do that with Sefo. Is he not capable?
Goes both ways holic, show me a program that climbed out of the cellar while consistently bringing in the worst classes in conference - doesn't happen. You can win with middle of the conference recruiting. We are failing miserably on the recruiting trail.

Quick note on Kennedy: dude is an excellent WR coach and recruiter (look at his results at Iowa now). One thing that gets lost too often by fans is that Embree's staff was maybe the best group of position coaches we've had at CU from top to bottom. Problem was that they weren't led from the coordinator and HC level where we had guys who are absolutely great position coaches for DBs, RBs and TEs -- but they were not coordinators or CEOs.

Kennedy signed a bunch of WRs here and none have worked out.

I think 0 for 6.

So is it Kennedy or the current coach?

You can throw in clock management also!!! I really believe they should fire MacIntyre, he just is not the guy. He does not seem to be a coach on the sideline...I could do that - cursing and yelling when something goes bad, jumping downing and cheering when something goes bad.
No you couldn't

Quick note on Kennedy: dude is an excellent WR coach and recruiter (look at his results at Iowa now). One thing that gets lost too often by fans is that Embree's staff was maybe the best group of position coaches we've had at CU from top to bottom. Problem was that they weren't led from the coordinator and HC level where we had guys who are absolutely great position coaches for DBs, RBs and TEs -- but they were not coordinators or CEOs.

Embrees staff included a bunch of guys who were better position coaches than the guys we have now. They just didn't mesh and completely lacked competent leadership.

Embree and Co. also tried to shortcut the system by recruiting a lot of highly talented kids who also were very high risk.

Lots of the ones he got either didn't make it for various reasons (academic, conduct, etc.) or turned out to be bust (Yuri, etc.)
When he didn't get these guys he didn't have a plan B so the bottom half of his classes were fully of guys who had no buisiness in a P5 program (or a G5 program in some cases.)

Now we lack difference makers, we don't have guys who would be stars anywhere else but we have a lot more kids who would be on the depth charts at least.

If M2 is replaced after next season I am very comfortable that his replacement will be getting a better roster to build on than M2 got. Is it good enough? Not yet but at least it isn't as far away.

Leavitt has proven this year that we can get the attention of at least some kids who could be difference makers. Now some other assistants need to step up and do the same instead of picking the easy recruits we don't have to fight as much for.

We need some staff changes and the guys we bring in need to be recruiters.

Shecky cuts the oranges for the local high school team. He knows how tough it is.
haha-shut-up.gif

Not highly complicated.

M2 comes back next year.

Either the team figures out how to turn some close games into wins and he gets an extension or we see a repeat and he is replaced

If he is replaced his successor will inherit a roster and a program that is much closer to being able to win than the one that M2 inherited.
This. Mac has to know it too...4 years will be plenty but his comment about how it took 5 or more years at Duke is a little concerning. Not sure what Bohn told him, but it's irrelevant now.

idk, I think Nelson Spruce was pretty good for us.

He was one of Dan Hawkins finest! He was recruited by Hawkins and committed to Embree prior to Kennedy being hired.

Gerald Thomas
Jeffrey Thomas
Peyton Williams
Bobo
Ross
Dunston

Those are the 6 Kennedy brought in to fix a depleted Corp. It's killing us and Walters has yet to show anything. No position stands out as. Bad as WR.

He was one of Dan Hawkins finest! He was recruited by Hawkins and committed to Embree prior to Kennedy being hired.

Gerald Thomas
Jeffrey Thomas
Peyton Williams
Bobo
Ross
Dunston

Those are the 6 Kennedy brought in to fix a depleted Corp. It's killing us and Walters has yet to show anything. No position stands out as. Bad as WR.

Offensive tackle.

Gerald Thomas
Jeffrey Thomas
Peyton Williams
Bobo
Ross
Dunston

I'll take your word for it.

I don't get the desire to distance Mac from those Embree guys in 2013. That was actually red flag #2 for me with him. That Embree class was ****ing awful and Mac just went ahead and kept all of his commits.

I don't get the desire to distance Mac from those Embree guys in 2013. That was actually red flag #2 for me with him. That Embree class was ****ing awful and Mac just went ahead and kept all of his commits.

This guy is pretty smart.

I already had significant doubts but this put the nail in the coffin for me... after like 2 hours of him on the job.

Idiotic decision.

#mrniceguy
#mmnoballs
#beingnice>winning

I already had significant doubts but this put the nail in the coffin for me... after like 2 hours of him on the job.

Idiotic decision.

#mrniceguy
#mmnoballs
#beingnice>winning

lol, I actually liked Mac quite a bit when we hired him. My main reservation on him was his lack of experience at a big time program (I recall us debating whether or not some time as DB coach at Ole Miss was enough), but he had just brought SJSU back from the brink of death and I liked that a lot. Then he hired his staff which was holy **** bad. Then he just keeps all of Embree's terrible recruiting class. The milk went bad quickly for me.

Mac coming back is the only choice unless the hand of God drops a big time guy in our lap. Just getting rid of Mac for the sake of it is not a good plan.

Who said anything about getting rid of him for the sake of it? Need to make a meaningful change and I am leaning on it being now rather than later. Making the change next year with class of that size turned into a transition class is a lot worse in my opinion. He will not survive next year. He is an ok WAC or MWC conference coach and that is it.

You can wait if you want but he will be fired at some point next season. Better to get on with the process than wait at this point. My guess is you are right and we see him back next year. When we lose to CSU and start down the path to an 11th season in a row with a losing record, he will get the bullet either during or right after the season.

Game over for Mac at this point. Hope I am wrong but we are not getting better faster than others are getting worse in the PAC.

Back