What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 CA TE Taylor McNamara (Verbal to Oklahoma)

Reasonable is he got lied to and took the bait. Name the last great OU te. Hmm not surprising but it is in a way, they dont use te's at OU anymore. Hope u play early cause u wanted to and **** OU for their negative recruiting. Dont think for a second they didnt plug that into his mind, they did no doubt. They were short on te's for a reason, they dont use them anyway.

Last edited:
All of this I agree with.

Taylor would have been better off with CU and I would have loved to have had him here. We will miss him but time to move on. Agree completely with not just taking anyone to fill a spot. Right now we have enough holes in the roster that we need to spend our spots on guys who can play and work around our weaknesses.

Yuup! I'm OK with saving 5 scholarships for next year or maybe one or two diamonds in the rough found after 2/4. The thing that kills us the most is the players we DO get who can't produce.

So what? I refuse to get bent out of shape over a kid who's never played a down of CFB. Would I have liked to see him on the Buffs? Sure, but I've never seen him play so what do I know? Only what the recruting gurus say. The same guys who said Darrell Scott was the number one RB, ditto M Houston, at the end of the day, neither one of those guys were the game breakers they were supposed to be. Bottom line, maybe he'll be great, maybe he'll ride the pine at OU. Either way we're talking about a CA kid who'd rather be in Norman than Boulder...hard to worry about it at this point. Good luck to him and enjoy the flat, hot, humid environ of OU. Oh yeah, you'll win some games in a conference that is slowly dying, but at least your family will be traveling long distances to garden spots like Ames to see you play.

I can spell "contradicting paragraph". Can you?

Yuup! I'm OK with saving 5 scholarships for next year or maybe one or two diamonds in the rough found after 2/4. The thing that kills us the most is the players we DO get who can't produce.

That's the spirit!

We all know the negatives here. But I'll take some positives from this... Embree got this kid to "almost" pick us over Oklahoma and his LONG list of offer schools (ND, Mich, Standford, USC...).

Give us a little more success in the coming years and we'll start getting these type of commits! In Embree I trust!

P.S. Man could we use some amazing production from Wood or Dillon!!! A great QB would be a huge shot for us!

I think 'tini pointed this out in another thread but 24/7 have Taylor committed to both CU and OU. It's probably just a mistake but it's kind of an egregious one if so.

Screen shot 2011-12-29 at 1.26.50 PM.png

We all know the negatives here. But I'll take some positives from this... Embree got this kid to "almost" pick us over Oklahoma and his LONG list of offer schools (ND, Mich, Standford, USC...).

Give us a little more success in the coming years and we'll start getting these type of commits! In Embree I trust!

P.S. Man could we use some amazing production from Wood or Dillon!!! A great QB would be a huge shot for us!
Well, his friendship with Dillon didn't hurt. But that.is part of recruiting.

I meant to quote Jaximus and his contradictory paragraph comment here, but somehow I screwed that up, so here's my response.... connery.png

I think 'tini pointed this out in another thread but 24/7 have Taylor committed to both CU and OU.

l1.jpg

We had a great opportunity for him, but it's hard to blame a kid for picking one of the all time winningest programs.

We had a great opportunity for him, but it's hard to blame a kid for picking one of the all time winningest programs.

It is cyclical, in the 90's and part of the 00 it was CU dominating while Oklahoma was struggling. I wanted TMac, but i am not devastated losing out on a TE, i am more concerned about Defensive back depth. We just have to make due with players that want to proudly wear the BNG. Opportunity for Austin Ray, Kasa, Irwin, Thonton, Slavin among others to be coached by John Embree and to play a pro-style offense that will feature there talent.

It is cyclical, in the 90's and part of the 00 it was CU dominating while Oklahoma was struggling. I wanted TMac, but i am not devastated losing out on a TE, i am more concerned about Defensive back depth. We just have to make due with players that want to proudly wear the BNG. Opportunity for Austin Ray, Kasa, Irwin, Thonton, Slavin among others to be coached by John Embree and to play a pro-style offense that will feature there talent.

I really hope you're a permanent troll

images

I really hope you're a permanent troll
Not so much troll as regurgitator.

Back