What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 DC DE De'Jon Wilson (Signed to Colorado)

Rough area?

Not as rough as the Berry Farm area where Balou HS is, but yeah, pretty rough. Nearly 70% of the students qualify for free or subsidized lunch, which is a good indicator of the economic situation there.

That he and Sherrard have an opportunity to go to earn a college degree is a great thing for them - an opportunity that not many of their classmates have. I'm rooting hard for them.

Saw this one on Rivals.

72718_173791619302456_100000148576785_669821_2028582_n.jpg

Welcome, DLine commitments are always extra nice to see! Great to see kids from DC in the Black & Gold, hopefully we can make this a 202trio with Crawley getting on board as well...

Not as rough as the Berry Farm area where Balou HS is, but yeah, pretty rough. Nearly 70% of the students qualify for free or subsidized lunch, which is a good indicator of the economic situation there.

That he and Sherrard have an opportunity to go to earn a college degree is a great thing for them - an opportunity that not many of their classmates have. I'm rooting hard for them.

This! Really rooting for these guys to find success on and off the field! I hope they realize the opportunity that they have ahead of them! Welcome to the Buff family!

YES! Welcome aboard Mr. Wilson, can't wait to see you in the black and gold. :thumbsup:

I don't blame the kid for wanting to take more visits. But until he's done that, this is not really a commit in my book. I think we will get him unless he gets cold feet and gets talked into staying at home (Maryland, Virginia, VTU, etc).

I wonder if Embree tells these kids that if they want to take more visits, that's fine, but we will take more visits ourselves and we can't hold the scholly for you. Not trying to be a hard ass here, but we only have so many spots for each position and we are going to get into some pretty good living rooms here in the next 2 months IMO.

I don't blame the kid for wanting to take more visits. But until he's done that, this is not really a commit in my book. I think we will get him unless he gets cold feet and gets talked into staying at home (Maryland, Virginia, VTU, etc).

I wonder if Embree tells these kids that if they want to take more visits, that's fine, but we will take more visits ourselves and we can't hold the scholly for you. Not trying to be a hard ass here, but we only have so many spots for each position and we are going to get into some pretty good living rooms here in the next 2 months IMO.
I think that as long as a young man is visiting other programs he is not guaranteed a spot. It seems to me that having so many scholarships available could hurt a little in that regard. OTOH, we still have limits per position.

Evidently Dijon (damned autocorrect) contacted Adam at Rivals bewildered why CU fans aren't cOunting him as solid.

Nice!

I stand by my previous post. Kids who want to see places should take all 5 trips. But we also know these kids are more apt to change their minds when they do visits. Dijon has already done that, albeit it was KU.

I think he's solid until he's not. More so than most. Very happy to have him and hope we keep him.

Evidently Dijon (damned autocorrect) contacted Adam at Rivals bewildered why CU fans aren't cOunting him as solid.

Nice!

I stand by my previous post. Kids who want to see places should take all 5 trips. But we also know these kids are more apt to change their minds when they do visits. Dijon has already done that, albeit it was KU.

I think he's solid until he's not. More so than most. Very happy to have him and hope we keep him.
Great info! Go De!

SIAP but still an EE? I imagine that if he still has grade issues the staff will have him stay in HS for the Spring to pick his grades up

It will be interesting to see if he visits KU along with Crawley and Walker

Back