What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 MD RB Wes Brown (Signed to Maryland)

He had a strong performance in the Chesapeake Bowl (postseason all-star game) with almost 50 yards rushing and a 65-yard TD catch on a wheel route.

http://insider.espn.go.com/college-...edwards-other-ua-all-americans-arrive-florida

ESPN reporting that Wes may announce at the UA game this Thursday, (probably not a real good thing for us). However, even if he does announce on Thursday, he mentions that he would still like to take some visits in January, so we should get our shot. Article also re-affirms that Jalen Cope-Fitz, though still committed to Southern Cal, will be visiting Boulder next month.

just to put this out there. Wasn't Embree saying something about the "silent commits" we have and he wanting them to make it public. Also, saying that taking your trips is ok but he is just wanting those guys to make it public because it may also help with the other recruits we are going after. I don't have inside info or anything. Just putting this out there. Would be nice if he is a "silent commit".

just to put this out there. Wasn't Embree saying something about the "silent commits" we have and he wanting them to make it public. Also, saying that taking your trips is ok but he is just wanting those guys to make it public because it may also help with the other recruits we are going after. I don't have inside info or anything. Just putting this out there. Would be nice if he is a "silent commit".

What are you "putting out there?" in other news the sky is blue, tebow sucks, and CU would welcome any 5 or 4 star recruit in the country

He was suggesting Wes Brown has already silently committed. That's a valid observation and could very well be true.

Taekwondo was trying to help draw an inference from JE's interview... you know, "connect the dots" without knocking you on the head with it.

In other news, someone still needs to practice his critical reading skills

Lots of people are guessing that Rippy is one of the silents. Powell and Crawley seem to be the most popular picks for who the 2nd guy is, but I have seen some Wes Brown guesses along with some Yuri Wright.

Ya that is about the sum of it. I hope we have Wright and Rippy of course. One of the others like Powell is more likely than Wright. The other factor is JE's stated frustration that the silent commits want to take more visits, so I think that argues against Crawley being one.

Yuri and Rippy seem to enjoy being cagey... Reading the tea leaves, if a recruit is relaxed, that probably means they are not feeling uncertain, and thus have already decided. Who knows though. I was very encouraged by Embree's satisfaction with the class and him feeling his number one priority was to keep the recruits who have already committed.

How real is a slient commit? The only reasons to be silent is to keep offers coming in or if you're undecided. Not that anything short of a signature is "real" anyway. I'm only counting the verbal commits, and so far it looks pretty, umm, okay overall.

Ya I hear that. I don't think anything can be counted on until they arrive on campus (considering qualifying issues too). Still, a silent commit is better than no commitment. JE's point was that he expected the silents to go public in the next week or two. (It sounded like he was saying, go public or CU is going to make other moves)

One reason why a recruit might give a silent commitment is because he isn't ready to face the extra scrutiny that comes after narrowing down from 5 schools. By keeping 5 offers alive, he doesn't really have to really have to tell anyone no. (if there are 30 schools offering, and a school doesn't make the 5 visits, then they usually don't put up much of a fight)

He might have a feeling about where he wants to go, but isn't sure how to defend it yet to his friends/family, especially if they are opinionated. This seems pretty passive, but these are just 17 year olds making the biggest decision of their young lives...

Tired of all of this....god damnit. Bring in the top kids, coach them up, and return CU to dominance....flashback to 1994.....asking too much?

Asking too little... Who are the future superstars? Who are the burnouts? A huge fraction of the players in the NFL were not 4 or 5 star recruits...

There is no way to judge the past, and expect anything certain in the future--most especially a few years of high school football. It raises all kinds of troubling questions I know. Best not to damn the questions, but to honor them. Perhaps the question might lead to some more understanding.. Who knows maybe even some more peace of mind.

Asking too little... Who are the future superstars? Who are the burnouts? A huge fraction of the players in the NFL were not 4 or 5 star recruits...

There is no way to judge the past, and expect anything certain in the future--most especially a few years of high school football. It raises all kinds of troubling questions I know. Best not to damn the questions, but to honor them. Perhaps the question might lead to some more understanding.. Who knows maybe even some more peace of mind.

I see what you did there....well done.

Tired of all of this....god damnit. Bring in the top kids, coach them up, and return CU to dominance....flashback to 1994.....asking too much?

This what all us are dreaming about, but you just can't expect it to happen overnight. Sure you are tired of this, the world is not going to suddenly favor us just because of your tiring.

And yes, you are asking too much if you want it happen now.

Lot's of people think the situation for now is nowhere we should belong to and I totally agree. But you guys are keeping on saying irrational thing like "we have been ****ing waiting for 5 years and I am sick/tired/xxx of it, I want to see the dramatic improvement right now". Hey, current coaches are not responsible for the past 5 years and it's pretty unfair to vent your rant on previous scheme to the new one. They started from scratch just one year ago to some degree. Give them 3-5 years no matter what and then it's a good time to do evaluation.

This what all us are dreaming about, but you just can't expect it to happen overnight. Sure you are tired of this, the world is not going to suddenly favor us just because of your tiring.

And yes, you are asking too much if you want it happen now.

Lot's of people think the situation for now is nowhere we should belong to and I totally agree. But you guys are keeping on saying irrational thing like "we have been ****ing waiting for 5 years and I am sick/tired/xxx of it, I want to see the dramatic improvement right now". Hey, current coaches are not responsible for the past 5 years and it's pretty unfair to vent your rant on previous scheme to the new one. They started from scratch just one year ago to some degree. Give them 3-5 years no matter what and then it's a good time to do evaluation.

I was joking.

He was suggesting Wes Brown has already silently committed. That's a valid observation and could very well be true.

Taekwondo was trying to help draw an inference from JE's interview... you know, "connect the dots" without knocking you on the head with it.

In other news, someone still needs to practice his critical reading skills

no ****

you are so ****ing stupid.

Wow-looks like Jan 13th is D-Day for Buffs program with at least him and JCF visiting. Anyone else coming on 1/13? Would be great to get someone like Dillon back for unofficial to help us close both of them?

Back