1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'12 OK PF Matt Christiansen (Verbal to San Francisco)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive - Basket' started by Buffnik, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247Sports

[​IMG]
    Bishop McGuinness H.S. (Oklahoma City, OK)

AAU: Athlete's First

Ht: 6-foot-8
    Wt: 230 lbs

Rivals rating: 3*; unranked PF
    Scout rating: 2*; unranked PF
    ESPN rating: 2*-86 grade; #52 Center
    247 rating:

Reported Offers: San Francisco

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2011
  2. Buffnik

Their #82 national prospect for 2012, ESPN says the following about Christiansen:

Christiansen is also getting national attention from MaxPreps, which rates him #55 in its Top 100:

Link

3. tante

tante Club Member Club Member

4. Buffnik

Rivals has a new article on Christiansen after he got back from his unofficial visit to CU this past weekend.

Christiansen could have visited anywhere, but named 4 schools he decided he wanted to see: Colorado, Michigan, Notre Dame and Penn State.

I really encourage you guys to read the whole article, because there are a ton of great quotes in it from Matt. Here's one I think you guys will especially like:

Rivals Link: Junior hoops recruit impressed with CU

5. Buffnik

Here are some sophomore year highlights:

[video=youtube;w1U8798FDvo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1U8798FDvo[/video]

6. BehindEnemyLines

BehindEnemyLines beware the habu Club Member

Bishop Mac is a private school with solid academics. As expected, they also have a very strong athletics program. I'll keep my eye out for any local info on the guy.

7. Finest

Finest New Member

Wrong. Henry played for Putnam City...which on a related note is where Keith Smith, who signed to play for Patton at CU-only to have the wrong heel operated on by OU Medical Center.

But Bishop McG is a private school in OKC that has good athletics across the board.

8. Buffnik

For dyemeduke:

[video=youtube;XZZP_wgEdpo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZZP_wgEdpo[/video]

dyemeduke likes this.
  9. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

...I usually prefer Scout and Rivals' opinions over ESPN's, but in this instance...This kid is having a great season - He'll be a solid three star guy by the end of this upcoming summer. This kid could be great for us.

10. Buffnik

You guys are going to love this:

Matt attended the CU game at Oklahoma on his own dime... wearing a Buffs t-shirt!

The OUHoops board has a thread about it. They're not exactly happy about the fact that there was a local prospect in a Buffs shirt sitting behind the CU bench about a dozen rows up. :smile2:

http://ouhoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18975

11. tante

according to OU fans, he is a bum that can't play a lick of basketball, so I hope he chooses CU.

12. dyemeduke

dyemeduke Well-Known Member

I really hope that "soonersam" knows his recruiting...because this is great news if that was really Christiansen. This kid is a legit player - I agree with the sooners board that he is a top 150 player (solid three star guy). We need an athletic banger down low - sort of like Mad Madsen for Stanford some years ago.

13. tante

it looks like Matt doesn't have an offer from Colorado yet. I think he would be a verbal if we gave him one. He has also visited Michigan, Notre Dame and Penn State.

14. Buffnik

I have some new info on Matt.

Matt is #55 on the MaxPreps/CBS Sports watch list for 2012. http://www.maxpreps.com/basketball-recruiting/basketball-winter-10-11/sC-hmp8nEd-YiQAcxJSkrA/2012-players-to-watch/top-recruits.htm

OU Hoops ranks Matt as the #2 in-state prospect and a challenge to Nino Jackson for the #1 spot. http://ouhoops.com/?p=5083

Also, I don't think that it was mentioned that Matt participated in the KU invite-only Elite camp this past summer. He's definitely on the radar of the regional majors.

Finally, here's some video that I don't believe has been posted (Nike EYBL events from last summer):

[video=youtube;WYywYh8lyVo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYywYh8lyVo[/video]

Of all the CU recruiting sites, Rivals is probably most on top of Christiansen's recruiting. Adam has been following this one and has written on it.

15. Buffnik

ESPN has adjusted Matt's rating from a 4* (93 grade) to a 3* (90 grade). That puts him in their next tier behind CU SF/PF offer Richard Longrus from Oakland 3* (91 grade - #98 overall). 90 grades start at #104 in the ESPN database and haven't been put in any order yet.

16. JRK1212

JRK1212 Troll

Committed to San Francisco.

Doesn't look like CU ever offered. Maybe he could be a fall back plan depending on how things are looking at the end of the summer.

17. tante

it seems like we really cooled off on this kid. We must have liked the potential of Scott much better