What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'12 TX WR Jeffrey Thomas (Signed to Colorado - GS)

I appreciate you being able to see that! Cause basically the QBs dad (and this is nothing to the QB) spent half the season telling my husband that his son was gonna run the ball more. Before certain games he would even tell him he hopes the WRs would get some catches. Now its one thing to feel that way. It's another to tell you son that. Its absolutely crazy to seek out a WRs dad and tell him that I told my kid to run the ball every chance he got.
So for folks that don't know what's going on, they look at his stats and say.......hey he's suppose to be an elite receiver, why aren't his stats higher? Unless you look at film or attend a game and you see the QB's stats (2000 yrd passing, 23 TDs, 5 INT/ 700+ yds rushing 5TDs) you think the QB carried the team, when really it was a group effort. Jeff had to learn to catch low balls, uncatchable high ones, stretch out his body for some.......but it's the QB that is praised and not the team.......so it's been a difficult year. I guess when folks see me rant about recruiting this is the reason why. Behind those 3 stars or 2 stars can be a history nobody knows.#stressedoutparent :bang:

#thatqbthrowslikeassandwon'tplayatthenextlevel. You might feel stressed out now, but your kid is the one coming to the greatest University in all of the land to get a killer education and help lead the Buffs back to glory. JT and the rest of the DFDubs are gonna rip it up. FACT.

Visiting this weekend per Rivals

Keep us posted what he does on his visit and how it goes, will you, moett? ;)

I hope JT packed his recruiter hat. Be great if he can help land some of his future classmates.

Another good trip report: Not that Moett hasn't already told us this... but I would call this a "solid" verbal. Now go away A&M and Tech. :nod:

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1303631

Yeah son was already stealing the CU gear I bought while I was there. Gotta watch your children dangit! Jeff said that the commits were out there trying to sell up CU to the uncommitted kids when they had their down time. Coaches were so down to earth and approachable it was great. i think us parents wore them out with conversation and getting know their experiences as players, coaches, etc. The boys got to meet many of the current players and ask questions........really got a feel that what you see was what you got. No "3 faces of Eve" scenarios. Even if the coaches need to kick you in the tail for something, you still knew that they cared about the boys as their own. that was pretty major. We got see many of the facilities (which I know many want to upgrade but they were really nice). The campus logisitics were great for a new kid coming to the area and being able to get around. The academic advisors and support system for the kids was great. We met with many of the major reps to get an idea on career paths. Got to check out the dining facilities (ha ha.............my food budget it COVERED). S&C coach sounds like he is worth his weight in GOLD! Just have to follow the plan.

Great, Great visit! No hard sales pitches. Just open and honest answers to questions, which is a big thing. A kid going to the CU football program isn't going to get blindsided by alot of promises never kept, which many other programs tend to do (seen first hand). And I am a hard critic and anaylze ALOT! Very, very impressed.

Awesome report. Sounds like you guys really enjoyed the trip. How was the cold weather?

Yeah son was already stealing the CU gear I bought while I was there. Gotta watch your children dangit! Jeff said that the commits were out there trying to sell up CU to the uncommitted kids when they had their down time. Coaches were so down to earth and approachable it was great. i think us parents wore them out with conversation and getting know their experiences as players, coaches, etc. The boys got to meet many of the current players and ask questions........really got a feel that what you see was what you got. No "3 faces of Eve" scenarios. Even if the coaches need to kick you in the tail for something, you still knew that they cared about the boys as their own. that was pretty major. We got see many of the facilities (which I know many want to upgrade but they were really nice). The campus logisitics were great for a new kid coming to the area and being able to get around. The academic advisors and support system for the kids was great. We met with many of the major reps to get an idea on career paths. Got to check out the dining facilities (ha ha.............my food budget it COVERED). S&C coach sounds like he is worth his weight in GOLD! Just have to follow the plan.

Great, Great visit! No hard sales pitches. Just open and honest answers to questions, which is a big thing. A kid going to the CU football program isn't going to get blindsided by alot of promises never kept, which many other programs tend to do (seen first hand). And I am a hard critic and anaylze ALOT! Very, very impressed.
Thanks for the report. Rep sent.

Thanks for the report Moett. Cool to hear an insider's take on these recruiting weekends. I think your insights are pretty spot on: This staff DOES not blow smoke up anyone-they say it how it is. And as you said they truly care about the kids on the team. It really is like a giant family. Now let's get some W's and get to a bowl this year and by the time your son is a senior-I want to see us in the Rose Bowl!

thanks for the report moett. Cool to hear an insider's take on these recruiting weekends. I think your insights are pretty spot on: This staff does not blow smoke up anyone-they say it how it is. And as you said they truly care about the kids on the team. It really is like a giant family. Now let's get some w's and get to a bowl this year and by the time your son is a sophomore - i want to see us in the rose bowl!

fify

Echo thanks! Unless you are telling ABers what we want to hear - this is exactly what many of us are hoping for out of this staff for recruiting visits. Glad to hear you had a good visit - and FWIW the temps will be in the fifties this weekend - not always cold up here!

Echo thanks! Unless you are telling ABers what we want to hear - this is exactly what many of us are hoping for out of this staff for recruiting visits. Glad to hear you had a good visit - and FWIW the temps will be in the fifties this weekend - not always cold up here!

'Cause we just wanna hear the truth!

Cracking me UP! Honestly, eventhough I am a good cheerleader, I can be a harsh critic and analyze stuff to DEATH! So if I felt things weren't so good, I would've kept that stuff to myself.

Like Clay's mom said (on the other non-commits), quicker connections made were helped by the kids that had a family member or an adult there. I did notice that when we were all together, the kids that's were there by themselves might've felt a little disconnected. But when it was just the boys I heard things went great. The most talkative one was Alexandru. He just chatted it up to anyone that spoke. I thought that was really cool (and I got to downplay SMU...........LOL). So with most of the other kids, having to go back and relay all that they have been given is probably overwhelming and might need a little time to make a decision. But if decisions are made to NOT come to Colorado, it was not because the coaches didn't put in work. There wasn't one that didn't speak, stop and have conversations, even if that player was not one they weren't recruiting. We were able to really understand the knowledge that many of them are bringing to the table. I thought that was very important for the kids to understand that they've been where you are and have come out successful. Good times........good times.

Thanks Moett88. Of course many of us are biased on this board, but its always good to hear that our coaches are getting the good word about CU football and the school out. I think CU could really develop a pipeline down here in the Dallas area because Boulder is such a unique place for kids from Texas and now that we are well into getting the pieces in place to really move the football program back into the national spotlight.

Thanks for your reports.

Great video. He makes it look easy at the High School level. Imagine what he could have done if the QB...well...you know.

Love how he catches the ball with his hands and almost always at its highest point. Because of that he wins the jump ball all the time (at least in the video of course but given his height that should translate to the college level too). Also pretty good blocker. I could see him getting some PT next year.

431520_2590654772264_1431475217_32041965_940830345_n.jpg

Back