What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO DE Austin Berk (Signed to CSU)

This is Austin's Dad and we are totally supporting his decsion to attend CSU. We were very pleased with the new Coaches and feel they will make CSU a solid program soon! The risk of waiting for an offer to CU was one he did not want to take as well really wanted to make early. He plans enrolling in Jan 2013 and waiting was not an option for him. Thanks for all the nice words mentioned about him and I will always have BnG in my hart except for when the the Rams play the Buffs!

Understandable, but disappointing, decision. Just a bad year for CU to have such a numbers crunch in schollies...

And don't worry, it's only 4 years and then you can go back to rooting for the buffs every week.... :smile2:

GO TIGERS!

This is Austin's Dad and we are totally supporting his decsion to attend CSU. We were very pleased with the new Coaches and feel they will make CSU a solid program soon! The risk of waiting for an offer to CU was one he did not want to take as well really wanted to make early. He plans enrolling in Jan 2013 and waiting was not an option for him. Thanks for all the nice words mentioned about him and I will always have BnG in my hart except for when the the Rams play the Buffs!

Thanks for being a part of this board. It is unfortunate that Austin's graduation year came when the Buffs have such a small number of schollies to give. Best of luck to Austin every game but one each year.

Thanks. Hope your son does well at CSU

You have to be proud! I promise, when we play the Rams, I'll cheer for Austin. But none of the others!

Congrats on the scholarship! Sorry we wont see him in a buffs uniform.

Last edited:
Congrats on the scholarship! Sorry we wont see him in a buffs uniform for now. Any chance if the coaches come with an offer that Austin would switch his commitment?

Obviously Buff68 couldn't give any answer other than "He's solid with CSU and excited to be a Ram", so let's stay away from these kinds of questions.

Wishing Berk the best. Hope he has a great college career with a ton of great memories (besides losses to CU).

Honestly, I like seeing good in-state kids like this getting opportunities at CSU. Good people will help take some of the venom out of our annual matchup. That would be good for both programs and the state if we could get it to being intense but get a lot of the hate and crap that goes with it out of our games.

Obviously Buff68 couldn't give any answer other than "He's solid with CSU and excited to be a Ram", so let's stay away from these kinds of questions.

Wishing Berk the best. Hope he has a great college career with a ton of great memories (besides losses to CU).

Honestly, I like seeing good in-state kids like this getting opportunities at CSU. Good people will help take some of the venom out of our annual matchup. That would be good for both programs and the state if we could get it to being intense but get a lot of the hate and crap that goes with it out of our games.

My apologies. I didn't realize that this was a violation. I'll edit my original.

If we're slated to play them each year for the remainder of eternity, the best thing we can do to bring legitimacy to this game is to have both teams be taken seriously. Therefore I hope all good Colorado prep athletes who don't get the opportunity in Boulder can find one and excel at the school up north, represent the state of Colorado well and all that. It benefits us to have all the Front Range schools back in bowl games.

My apologies. I didn't realize that this was a violation. I'll edit my original.
No problem! What we told Austin was "when you make your decision you need to stand behind it". The only way he would change his mind is if something very drastic happens and I don't see that happening! We are very proud of him and fully support his decision and will be Ram fans for the next 5 years so!

Thanks to all for kind words towards Austin.

No problem! What we told Austin was "when you make your decision you need to stand behind it". The only way he would change his mind is if something very drastic happens and I don't see that happening! We are very proud of him and fully support his decision and will be Ram fans for the next 5 years so!

Sounds like a great kid with good parents. Good luck except for one day a year!

He can still get his Masters at CU.

I'm very happy for you, but also very sad at the same time.

I wonder if he is in play now that we lost a certain early enrollee DE (along with Loud)

I have always been a fan of bringing in Berk and Knowland. Berk particularly makes sense with losses at DE. I could also see him fullfilling roles as a TE or on special teams.

I wonder if he is in play now that we lost a certain early enrollee DE (along with Loud)

I keep hoping, but the reports over here through the radio guys that seem to have talked to Austin and his family are that he's still solidly CSU. Hopefully Coach M at least takes a shot at getting him back, though.... :huh:

Congrats to him. I'll bed rooting for him except for when the lammies play us.

Now confirmed he is leaving CSU. Has an injury with his hip. Says he is in contact with other Division 1 schools. Are we one of them?

Now confirmed he is leaving CSU. Has an injury with his hip. Says he is in contact with other Division 1 schools. Are we one of them?

1. I want the best for him.
2. I hope CU has room for him.

If I'm recalling his recruitment correctly, CU was his dream offer. Embree didn't recruit him. MacIntyre did, but it was late in the process and after Berk had already given his word to CSU. He stood by his word. Much respect, despite being disappointed by it. I'd certainly welcome him into the program.

Hip injury can mean a lot of things, hope this one is minor.

Also don't see him coming to CU unless he is planning to walk-on.

Great kid and a CU connection but we didn't offer coming out of HS and I don't think he's done anything at CSU that would make our staff give up a slot for him, especially if he is hurt.

Guess would be FCS level.

1. I want the best for him.
2. I hope CU has room for him.

If I'm recalling his recruitment correctly, CU was his dream offer. Embree didn't recruit him. MacIntyre did, but it was late in the process and after Berk had already given his word to CSU. He stood by his word. Much respect, despite being disappointed by it. I'd certainly welcome him into the program.

I am curious as to the full reason why he is leaving? I am wondering if he would rather be a Buff. It apparently caught the CSU coaches off guard.

Mtn - I think he would make an absolutely great walk on if that is what he is thinking. He is in-state. Scholarship wise I am not sure if we have one or not.

Back