What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'13 CO DE Timothy Coleman (Signed to Colorado)

Coleman is a bad man. Big, explosive, athletic and mean. I disagree that he wont be ready to play until he is a junior or senior. He has all the tools to play as a redshirt freshman

Redshirt him and get him into the 290 range. I am okay with taking a guy who can be a developmental DT down the road. Frankly we should be signing at least one in every class.

Would rather have him get to campus early to work with the strength coaches to add good weight. Could play at DE early to work on his pass rush skills then move inside as he grows into a 295 pound DT.

Not a bad thing to come right in and reach out to Mullen. Just based on size and speed, this kid looks like he has potential.

Mullen is not what it was. Tom Thennell, CSU QB and all around bag of D's is the coach there now. I don't see him ever beating Valor or Dave Logan. Because, well, he never has.

You guys really know nothing about this kid talent wise he is probably one of the top 3 kids in our class and was the best in CSU's class the kid was a monster this year in the games he played he single handily shut down the Valor offense and had done the same to De La Salle until he got hurt. This is a great pickup for us if he had played a full healthy season we probably would have no chance at him because TCU would've offered and other big PAC 12 and BIG 12 schools would've gotten in on him.

The only thing that will stop him from seeing the field here will be his knee health everything else is fine with this kid.

You guys really know nothing about this kid talent wise he is probably one of the top 3 kids in our class and was the best in CSU's class the kid was a monster this year in the games he played he single handily shut down the Valor offense and had done the same to De La Salle until he got hurt. This is a great pickup for us if he had played a full healthy season we probably would have no chance at him because TCU would've offered and other big PAC 12 and BIG 12 schools would've gotten in on him.

The only thing that will stop him from seeing the field here will be his knee health everything else is fine with this kid.

And you would know this how....??? tia

Here is my take: I love this signing. He probably had the biggest upside in the state of Colorado. He showed it with 13 tackles and 2 sacks against Valor and De La Salle in CA. Also, he was 16 when he injured his knee. This will help the healing process a ton. He will be 17 when he enrolls. A RS year will allow him to mature, and gain strength. He is already an explosive athlete according to camp reports. He also excelled at multiple positions. The camp reports also said he has no problem changing positions. If he had been healthy, we would have had no shot.

Thennel, Mullen and Coleman beat Valor game one this year HUFset

Excuse me, they won by 1! Thennell is still a dip5hit, CSU alum, under-developer of Logan's players and a terrible defensive coach. Mullen was good. Under Thennell they will be every once in a while. I wouldn't always count on their best players being guided to CU.

I haven't watched Tim's film yet, but congratulations to him for seeing past all this and choosing CU! I hope he becomes a great player.

Why would TCU take a chance on a COLO kid when they have Texas to recruit for developmentals? Developmentlas from Texas, come with 4-5 years of decent or better HS coaching in year-round programs!

I recall the injury was to his ACL, which, anymore, is an annoying, season-ending injury, not career-threatening, like in the old days. Ask PRich about knees and see what A Peterson did in coming back. With today's surgical and rehab tecniques, players can actually come back and be better than before the injury, since "crap" in the knee may have gotten cleaned up and weaker muscles strengthened during rehab.

TCU would take the kid if they found he was good enough to be one of their X amount of scholarship players for that year. I don't think TCU only takes Texas guys.

Redshirt him and get him into the 290 range. I am okay with taking a guy who can be a developmental DT down the road. Frankly we should be signing at least one in every class.

This I agree with. Only I am happy to have 280-290 lb run stopping DE's. If I was developing DT's I would prefer to take a guy who can hopefully get to 325.

Skip the talk about DT or DE or the rest of it. Right now this team needs athletes. Guys who are big, fast, quick, and will make plays. Where those guys play always manages to sort itself out in the end.

'13 CO DE Timothy Coleman (Verbal to Colorado)

If if if

Skip the talk about DT or DE or the rest of it. Right now this team needs athletes. Guys who are big, fast, quick, and will make plays. Where those guys play always manages to sort itself out in the end.

Cool story.

Cool story.

Just find it funny that we are talking about a 16yo who is under 250lbs and people turning him into the second Warren Sapp.

Kid is young, should have a lot of growth potential, and appears to have fallen to us due to an injury. Lots of the more successful programs focus on recruiting the best athletes they can get then figuring out what to do with them. Lets at least let him show up for a CU practice before designating him the next __________!

Just find it funny that we are talking about a 16yo who is under 250lbs and people turning him into the second Warren Sapp.

Kid is young, should have a lot of growth potential, and appears to have fallen to us due to an injury. Lots of the more successful programs focus on recruiting the best athletes they can get then figuring out what to do with them. Lets at least let him show up for a CU practice before designating him the next __________!

I see no mention of Warren Sapp, only mentions of him being a defensive tackle down the line. A perfectly reasonable discussion that somehow offended your recruiting discussion sensibilities. I look forward to your next 835 generic posts about how "we need to recruit guys that can play at the BCS level" and "how we just need athletes". I know I can count on you for that part of the discussion.

I see no mention of Warren Sapp, only mentions of him being a defensive tackle down the line. A perfectly reasonable discussion that somehow offended your recruiting discussion sensibilities. I look forward to your next 835 generic posts about how "we need to recruit guys that can play at the BCS level" and "how we just need athletes". I know I can count on you for that part of the discussion.

There are post about how he will play immediately as a freshman, how he will grow to 270, then 280, then 295. Not saying that any of this won't happen but that the thread is very quickly moving from the "might" to the "will" range very quickly. And people think I am a kool-aid drinker.

I'm happy to have him committed, I think he has a tremendous upside, maybe he will develop into a DT, maybe he becomes the big dominating DE we would love to see. My only point is that the speculation is stretching pretty rapidly considering that he played one full game of HS this year and has never faced college competition, even in practice. He is currently listed at 6'3" and 243lbs and HS listings are often overstated.

On the other hand I do believe we need PAC level athletes and this kid looks like he will be one. He is already bigger and faster than some of the guys we have played at DE in the last few years and should only get bigger and stronger. It would be nice to have enough quality athletes that our problem is finding room for them not where do we need them most.

Last edited:
I honestly hope he doesn't turn into a DT. If he is as athletic as some have mentioned we could really use him at end. We are hurting badly for DE's in the program. DT's were recruited nicely by Embree last year and I think we will have a good rotation for the next 3 or 4 years if they all can stay healthy and play together.

Adam (Rivals) had a good writeup today from an interview with the Mullen coach. Very athletic kid that played very well in his first Defensive start (moved from OL) in their opening win vs Valor Christian. Hurt in game 2 and Mullen's season slid from there. Coach states this kid would have made a big difference.

Tough Break

Last edited:
Well, hopefully he can recover from the knee injury and wreak some havoc. Hoping there's a lot of untapped potential in him too considering how green he is.

Another sleeper in the group... Nice pick-up, and local kid to boot, Nice ! Thank you young Man !

I'm excited about Coleman. Unbelievably disruptive in his first games playing defense this season. It's a big eye opener to me that with him in the lineup Mullen beats Valor (who played in the state championship game). Without him in the lineup, Mullen loses the majority of their remaining games. This kid obviously makes an impact when he's on the field that changes games and delivers wins. Can't wait to see him in the black & gold.

Raw, super athletic, great upside. He's probably the kid in the class that has one of the highest ceilings, if he's willing to do work. Could be a monster pickup. Led to believe a certain coach let Mac in on the secret, that CSU was stealing a kid. Kid is top 3-4 in the state this year. Potentially #2 according to a certain former Buff.

I'm expecting great things. Welcome to the B&G Mr. Coleman!

Back