1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'14 CA LB Malik Hutchings

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by White_Rabbit, Sep 12, 2013.

1. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Rivals
    Scout

ESPN
    247 Sports

[​IMG]
    Deer Valley H.S. (Antioch, CA)

Ht: 6'4"
    Wt: 240
    40:

Rivals Rating:
    Scout Rating: 2*; #66 MLB
    ESPN Rating:
    247s Rating:

Reported Offers: Hawaii, UC Davis, UTEP

2. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

Intriguing prospect as he has no film yet. He's the brother of 2013 USC signee Michael Hutchings. Malik has been playing basketball up until this summer, when football coaches stopped by and offered him on frame alone.

Taking an OV to Cal this weekend for the OSU game. CU has been in contact and is interested. Clearly the staff wants to see how things go as a senior.

Rivals update from 8/27:

http://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1541434

3. nocoolnamejim

nocoolnamejim Active Member

Would Colorado have a linebacker spot available here or would you guys be looking at him to maybe play defensive end? Looks to me like he has the size for it, but peeking at your stickied roster thread you have three commits in both spots already. Maybe just keeping in contact in case you get a decommitment?

I'm hoping Boise State offers as we have no linebacker commits as yet and this is an intriguing blend of size and genetics at work here. Sounds to me like he'd be a bit of a project due to his newness to football, but with a year or two under his belt he could do some damage.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2013
  4. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Kid looks like an athlete. Looks to me like M2 has taken the approach of bring in the best bunch of athletes we can find and figure out where to play them once they get here. He also did a lot of that at SJSU.