What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins (Verbal to Gonzaga)

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins

But as I was saying, they have the success and the first rounders because the top kids all go there already. I'm saying any school could use this reasoning if they signed top 10 classes every year. It's self-fulfilling like the previous poster pointed out. Kansas wouldn't be Kansas without the top high school kids year after year after year.

Ok but that doesn't happen at every other school so what's the point? Some schools are blue bloods for reason

Is Perkins even Calipari's first choice? A buddy of mine believe he's the backup plan if they miss out on Mudiay.

It's not happening. The decision was made long ago that they wouldn't play college ball together. And if Josh ends up at Kentucky, I think he'll probably learn to live with his college choice (insert sarcasm font). Everybody really needs to let this one go now.

I don't latch on to recruits, and I really don't become interested until after they've committed to CU. So it's all good either way in my mind. But can't help but point out the obvious that you have a top CO recruit in a time CU is thriving. It's a good match on so many levels. To each their own though.

I don't latch on to recruits, and I really don't become interested until after they've committed to CU. So it's all good either way in my mind. But can't help but point out the obvious that you have a top CO recruit in a time CU is thriving. It's a good match on so many levels. To each their own though.

The problem is, it seems to be a good match to everyone but the kids involved. And if they're both looking toward a potential NBA future, I can't blame them for looking for a situation where they know they will get to run the point, where they will play in the NBA, rather than having to play without the ball and not get the opportunity to fully showcase their ability. It's a shame we won't get to see them play together, but I think it's the reality.

The problem is, it seems to be a good match to everyone but the kids involved. And if they're both looking toward a potential NBA future, I can't blame them for looking for a situation where they know they will get to run the point, where they will play in the NBA, rather than having to play without the ball and not get the opportunity to fully showcase their ability. It's a shame we won't get to see them play together, but I think it's the reality.

Without knowing the backstory between them, I still feel OK saying CU is a great destination for every top flight bball recruit out of CO. Tad puts the best he's got on the court, and doesn't play favorites. Also, if you're a superior ball handler you can showcase your skills here regardless of position. It's not a rigid system where only one PG skilled player gets to run at a time.

Without knowing the backstory between them, I still feel OK saying CU is a great destination for every top flight bball recruit out of CO. Tad puts the best he's got on the court, and doesn't play favorites. Also, if you're a superior ball handler you can showcase your skills here regardless of position. It's not a rigid system where only one PG skilled player gets to run at a time.
You're preaching to the choir here, but I'm not the one who needs to be convinced.

'14 CO PG Josh Perkins

If what Goose is saying is true - and I have no reason to believe it isn't - then I hope Perkins will show that level of respect towards CU and choose a school in a different conference. I truly wish him the best, but it would be tough seeing him come into the Keg every year wearing another teams jersey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

You're preaching to the choir here, but I'm not the one who needs to be convinced.

One of the things you brought up earlier is spot on, we should be ecstatic we got one of the two and that in prior years CU would have missed out in both. It's true and bears repeating, these are special times for both the players and fans. Last time we signed a heralded PG from CO we went to the tourney, he got drafted 3rd overall, won a title and MVP, and made about $50-75 million dollars. I'd say that worked out for everyone involved!

I'm seeing that Perkins might play his senior year at Huntington Prep. He's gone folks. He has his eyes set on the fast track to the NBA. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

I'm seeing that Perkins might play his senior year at Huntington Prep. He's gone folks. He has his eyes set on the fast track to the NBA. Not that there's anything wrong with that!

Meh - he's probably pissed that he's not the most famous athlete at his own high school.

search

Joke, people. Relax.

thats supposed to be a pic of Missy Franklin, btw. I'm having cut/paste issues. I can't even tell a decent joke anymore.

This is kinda disappointing. Collier vs Perkins would have made for awesome games, as well as publicity

What is the advantage of Huntington Prep? Its not for exposure - he is a national recruit. Just a change of scenery?

What is the advantage of Huntington Prep? Its not for exposure - he is a national recruit. Just a change of scenery?
Huntington Prep is a basketball factory with all-star teams so the competition is ramped up and instead of playing 28 games in Colorado they play north of 40. Playing at Huntington Prep will do wonders to develop his game as he will be playing with and against top level talent, something Colorado cannot offer.

Some notable players at Huntington Prep from the last few classes...

Elijah Macon (2012) - #56 player in the country; 4*
Andrew Wiggins (2013) - #1 player in the country; 5*
Moses Kingsly (2013) - #63 player in the country; 4*
Dominic Woodson (2013) - #80 player in the country; 4*
Xavier Rathan-Mayes (2013) - #30 player in the country; 4*
Jalen Lindsey (2014) - #30 player in the country; 4*
Josh Perkins (2014) - #42 player in the country; 4*

Just a crazy amount of talent at that school.

Basically he'll get some easy A's and be prepared for getting some more easy A's at whatever basketball factory college he chooses.

Josh got a big bump on 247 to 5* status with a 99 grade. He's the #4 PG in the country and #19 overall.

Back