What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'14 JC DE Pio Vatuvei (Signed with Louisville)

With the advent of the zone read, I'm not sure coaches look at it that way. I think they look at both DE positions as guys who have to be extremely athletic to be able to run with the QB to the edge - first and foremost. Not sure we have anyone on the roster than can run like that. Gillam can run with the other's teams speed guys, and that's about it from our front 6 (i.e. 4-2 front).

Great post. You need DEs that can really run in today's PAC-12. If you want to understand how Stanford has had such a good run, look at their TEs and DEs they recruit. Extremely athletic and all are playmakers.

Scout just had an update...

The teaser said that he's looking at 3 schools. Since it's from the Fresno State site, got to assume they're one of them. That's all I could read since I don't have a sub. But CU is his only other reported offer listed on Scout. That's all Rivals has, too. Neither list any schools as interested but no offer.

Let's hope. Pio would be a game changer for 2014 at CU.

The weird part is that he had a gazillion offers out of HS. Either he really got a bad reputation that got out there or ?

Washington fans were fairly adamant what he did to get kicked out was quite egregious. If not that, maybe he let his grades slip and/or didn't take the right classes at JUCO. Aside from Illinois (commitable offer?) those are schools you look at not having grades. Like Blackmon choosing b/w Fresno State and Boise State.

According to Scout:
Will finish up his two-year degree in May of 2014 and will have three years to play two starting in the fall of 2014.

Juco guys can sign if they are on track to graduate this spring. My guess is that he's not on track, that he blew it and that explains his offer list and there's little hope he will ever play CFB. We see it every year. You can blow it early and Juco your way out of the hole, but if you blow that, you dig ditches.

Juco guys can sign if they are on track to graduate this spring. My guess is that he's not on track, that he blew it and that explains his offer list and there's little hope he will ever play CFB. We see it every year. You can blow it early and Juco your way out of the hole, but if you blow that, you dig ditches.

Sometimes they do get it together late, though. I forget his name, but we had that recently with the WR/DB that CU was recruiting and ultimately ended up playing for Nebraska.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/316128/highlights/98093378?autoplay=1

For anyone with a scout subscription

[h=2]Vatuvei Looking At Three
premium.gif
[/h]

1236912.jpg

By Jackson Moore
Publisher
Date: Jan 28, 2014

College of San Mateo defensive end Pio Vatuvei is looking at three schools currently. He visited one of the three schools, Fresno State, this past weekend. Check inside for the latest on Vatuvei...

Please sign in or subscribe to read the rest of this story...

Visiting Louisville per this guy
[tweet]431839542828494848[/tweet]

Back