What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 CA ATH Quinten Pounds (Verbal to Washington)

ncj: I think it's more that you think we somehow benefit from Boise moving on. It's just not a consideration, sorry. We find it irrelevant. If you are moving on from a recruit, it doesn't benefit any team in the PAC12. It has no effect, as Boise State is just a backup plan for all of these kids. Sorry - but it's the way the P5 landscape is now.

Yes we are fishing from the same holes right now to some extent. Frankly, Boise State has killed Colorado in reruiting the last 10 years. Not according to the rankings but according to reality. But still, a kid with a Boise State offer will almost always take the PAC12 offer. It's the way things are.

I actually don't agree with that. I think most kids take the Boise offer over the CU offer.

Cubes is on what looks like the all-important family side of the ledger.

Lots of wisdom coming from Cubes.

I also think he should immediately discount the thoughts of Crazy Aunt, "Blaze" and Jorden with an "e" -- those folks are clearly without credibility.

95 yard KR for a TD tonight. From what I've gathered from twitter that makes for at least two KR's for TD's this year

ncj: I think it's more that you think we somehow benefit from Boise moving on. It's just not a consideration, sorry. We find it irrelevant. If you are moving on from a recruit, it doesn't benefit any team in the PAC12. It has no effect, as Boise State is just a backup plan for all of these kids. Sorry - but it's the way the P5 landscape is now.

Yes we are fishing from the same holes right now to some extent. Frankly, Boise State has killed Colorado in reruiting the last 10 years. Not according to the rankings but according to reality. But still, a kid with a Boise State offer will almost always take the PAC12 offer. It's the way things are.

No worries, I never mind any disagreement, particularly when I'm the guest. I also won't deny that the Pac-12 and the other Power-5 conferences has a large, and growing, advantage over the other conferences. You guys are where my university aspires to be in ten years.

But it really isn't the case that Boise State is always the backup plan to every Pac-12 team for every single recruit. The majority of our commits over the last few years have had at least one Power-5 offer on the table.

As to the specific point of no benefit to Colorado, Boise State has won it's share of recruits over the last few years against Colorado (just like every Pac-12 team, not singling just the Buffs out). One of the reasons I started coming here was just how often we seemed to be going after the same recruits. Going by just the Scout offer lists...these BSU commits had Colorado offers over the last few years.

2015 - Akilian Butler
2014 - Sean Modster, David Moa, Kaleb Hill
2013 - Tanner Valejo, Kamelei Correa, Gabe Perez, Kendal Keys, Tanner Shipley (If I remember right this is the year I first came here because it seemed like we were after every one of the same guys)
2012 - Travis Averill, Chancellor James

That's probably far enough to go back. And you guys have certainly beaten us out for some of the guys we wanted to so this isn't to be taken as disrespect, just as proof of my point that if BSU backs off a guy that Colorado is in the final cut for (and I don't know for a fact that the BSU staff has backed off, just speculating), whether it be because the recruit is no longer interest in us or the coaches want somebody else more, it does benefit the Buffs.

And I HOPE that it does! Better Colorado lands Pounds than Washington.

2015 - Akilian Butler
2014 - Sean Modster, David Moa, Kaleb Hill
2013 - Tanner Valejo, Kamelei Correa, Gabe Perez, Kendal Keys, Tanner Shipley (If I remember right this is the year I first came here because it seemed like we were after every one of the same guys)
2012 - Travis Averill, Chancellor James

I was going to post we had rarely lost a kid to Boise State a few days ago, but didn't feel like getting into it. I will take your word as for reported offers on Scout - but I follow recruiting real damn close. The only kid you listed who CU was after was Travis Averill and Tanner Shipley (that was the year Embree was fired). Kaleb Hill's offer was contingent on his twin brother Kolin being a Buff. So we've rarely gone head to head.

You really do seem like a cool guy and appreciate the way you behave over here though.

Seems Udub has all the momentum here. Would be very surprised if he picks us on Wednesday.

sweet. can't wait to interrupt pumpkin carving date night to be happy or sad about this.

Back