1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'15 CO CB James Jones IV (Verbal to Air Force)

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by KyleM., Mar 12, 2014.

1. KyleM.

KyleM. Recruiting Moderator Club Member

Rivals
    Scout
    ESPN
    247 Sports

[​IMG]
    Mullen HS (Denver, CO)

Ht: 6'1
    Wt: 175
    40:

Rivals rating: 2*-5.4rr
    Scout rating: NR
    ESPN rating: NR
    247s rating: NR

Reported Offers: Air Force
    , Grambling State, Hawaii, Montana, Morgan State

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  2. KyleM.

3. KyleM.

The Mullen defensive back will be at a CU junior day on April 12 per Inderkum recruiting coordinator Terrance Leonard. Inderkum you say? Jones plays on a 7-on-7 team with CU commit N.J. Falo and was recently in NorCal for the Rivals camp, which he apparently did well at. Hoping to get Jones on the phone tomorrow to see how much the Buffs are interested. Anybody catch Mullen last season?

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1616400

[tweet]443966065165344768[/tweet]

Last edited: Mar 12, 2014
  4. KyleM.

Spoke with Jones. He said he led the state in tackles at his position last season with 104 total. Prefers corner, but hearing from colleges at safety. He said his father is currently in California for work, moves around some, that's how he got on the same 7-on-7 team with NJ Falo. They've talked a little about playing on the same defense in college, Jones said they have similar playing styles. CU just started recruiting Jones and extended a junior day invite to his father. He said the Rivals camp has heated things up and he's hearing from the majority of the regional schools. No offers yet.

5. cmgoods

cmgoods Olympic Sports Mod Club Member

[video=youtube;3kUae44PBIc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kUae44PBIc[/video]

6. lawdogg

lawdogg Club Member Club Member

nm

Last edited: May 18, 2014
  7. cmgoods

I don't know, but it showed on Scout and there was an article saying that he picked up his 2nd offer, but I don't have a subscription to see it.

8. KyleM.

Hawaii, Morgan State and Grambling State are offers so far.

9. KyleM.

Air Force offered on Friday. He said on Wednesday that Boise and Fresno could be close. Camping at CSU next week, looking forward to seeing more. Montana offer as well.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014
  10. KyleM.

[​IMG]

From the All-Colorado photo shoot ...

All-Colorado Team: "It's an honor. It's good to be recognized as one of the top players in the state of Colorado. I feel we have a nice group of gentlemen and to be able to come together it just makes the season more competitive."

Recruiting interest: "It's going really good. I've got an offer from Hawaii, Montana, some more, smaller schools. I see Boise State and Fresno State offering in the future. I'm going out to Tulsa this Friday, they want to come out there and show some things, and I'll be up at CSU."

CSU interest: "I've been talking to coach Simmons. I've been talking to coaches, grinding on 7-on-7s and getting around."

CU interest: "I've gone up to their camp and I've been talking to coach [Andy] LaRussa and a couple of other coaches. They're definitely going to come out to a game or two, see if I'm a good fit for them."

College position: "I kind of want to play corner, but everybody wants me to play safety. Bigger, got the length, I can get off the hash [mark]."

chitownbuff likes this.
  11. cmgoods

Air Force