What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'15 WA QB Ross Bowers (Verbal to Cal)

I couldn't care less what CSU fan's opinion is about Bowers and CU. It doesn't matter.

Beat us on the field and then talk all the crap you want.

Lambs being lambs. They are saying that he turned us down and that's why we settled on Montez. That could be true but now he will choose CSU instead? Damn, I like Ft. Collins and I want to root for them when not playing us but their fans make it way too hard.

Don't let a few bad apples on a fan website spoil the cart. If you haven't noticed, these forums don't generally represent the average fans overall attitudes or perspectives.

Don't let a few bad apples on a fan website spoil the cart. If you haven't noticed, these forums don't generally represent the average fans overall attitudes or perspectives.

I hear you. It's mostly students and the occasional player (also students) who get caught up in it and act like idots.

What rubs me the wrong way is that there's an incongruous thing going on. If CSU fans want beating CU to mean something, it would make a hell of a lot more sense to acknowledge an underdog role and CU's status/history on the college football landscape. Instead, we too often get "CU is a joke and CSU accomplished something significant by having the game within 1 score heading into the 4th quarter". It's just weird.

Anyway, I don't know that I've ever met an adult CSU supporter who acts like that. Like CU fans, they're a regular mix of Coloradans but skewed a little more to midwest while CU is skewed more to west coast.

6 p.m.-ish mountain on ESPNU if anybody wants to watch.
george-costanza-message.gif

Congrats to our Bears fans. The word from folks who have seen him throw at the CU camp and other events is that Bowers is a nice prospect who throws a good ball.

The CU coaches were high on him and I think he had a window to commit here if he'd chosen to do so. CU moved on to Montez rather than wait it out since they were close and Montez has a bit more athletic upside for our system. Bowers should be pretty lethal in that Dykes attack.

I don't know how often CSEwe is going to beat out Cal for a recruit, but I can't imagine them feeling too good about this particular loss. As we know, QBs recruit ranks are getting thinner every day

I don't know how often CSEwe is going to beat out Cal for a recruit, but I can't imagine them feeling too good about this particular loss. As we know, QBs recruit ranks are getting thinner every day

I know the staff feels really good about what they have on the roster right now to replace Grayson. The two freshman, Nick Stevens and Coleman Key, will compete for the starting job in 2015. The local kid, Leonard, is a long shot. Bowers would definitely have competed, but I am certain the staff didn't guarantee him the job. I think CSU will turn its attention to Matthew Merrick out of Texas, who has offers from CSU and Nevada. We definitely need another arm out of this class to round out the roster.

At the end of the day its good to see CSU getting in on guys like Bowers. Its what Boise State has successfully been doing for a while now and CSU needs to get to that level if they want to consistently compete in the conference.

Last edited:
Back