What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 CO OLB Carlo Kemp (Signed to Michigan)

Eh, BCS title game in 2013?

Yeah, but they got killed by Bama. Plus, Manti Te'o had a fake girlfriend, was that really a high point for the program?

It's the same reason I don't brag about CU making the Fiesta Bowl in 2001.

Last edited:
How many of you "In-awe-of-the Golden Dome" fanboys have ever been to the sh*thole that is South Bend? Gave me the willies when I was there and you can't spend 4 yrs. without leaving campus at some time......
Huh? What fanboys are you talking about?

Yeah, but they got killed by Bama. Plus, Manti Te'o had a fake girlfriend, was that really a high point for the program?

National title game under the current head coach?? Yes, I would consider that a high point.

2001 was a great season, crushing Nebraska, beating Texas in Texas for a conference title, a couple votes shy of playing for a national title - yeah nothing to brag about.

They were living a lie. :rolling_eyes:

Seems Michigan is the new favorite? Several on 247 predicted him to UM and even though I don't have a subscription to 247, one headline reads: "The Wolverines could easily sign Boulder (Colo.) Fairview 2016 four-star defensive end Carlo Kemp after what he saw Sunday in Ann Arbor"

Defensive end?

Is that where he projects at the next level. Seems like he'd be a freak of a linebacker to me, but I suppose if he could put on 25-30 lbs of solid muscle and keep his speed reasonably high, he'd make a monster DE.

Seems Michigan is the new favorite? Several on 247 predicted him to UM and even though I don't have a subscription to 247, one headline reads: "The Wolverines could easily sign Boulder (Colo.) Fairview 2016 four-star defensive end Carlo Kemp after what he saw Sunday in Ann Arbor"

247 had an atricle on Trey Udoffia most likely going to WSU last week. Not saying we are even a 20 percent chance to land Carlo but 247 has not been doing there home work lately.
[h=2][/h]

247 had an atricle on Trey Udoffia most likely going to WSU last week. Not saying we are even a 20 percent chance to land Carlo but 247 has not been doing there home work lately.

That's 1 247 writer who focuses on the Washington schools. Doesn't destroy the credibility of their writers that have nothing to do with him. They tend to do a very good job with high profile recruits. Not really insane to think it's a 56 to 44 chance he favors Notre Dame or Michigan right now.

Last edited:
Defensive end?

Is that where he projects at the next level. Seems like he'd be a freak of a linebacker to me, but I suppose if he could put on 25-30 lbs of solid muscle and keep his speed reasonably high, he'd make a monster DE.
Carlo is up to 265 right now.

I could see Harbaugh impressing a kid...and if ND is his dream offer...CU may be in the top 5 but it will take a hell of a close to keep this kid in Boulder.

In '93 they lost to BC at home and had to settle for A&M in the Cotton Bowl. Have to imagine that making it to the BCS title game is worth more than that.

I can, and will, hold out hope till Natl Signing Day. Certainly, events this season could go a long way towards still being in recruiting battles to the end.

It's a major upset for the Buffs if Kemp stays in-state, but that doesn't mean it's not a good sign when he lists CU among his Top 4 with Michigan, Notre Dame and UCLA in a new interview with the Michigan Rivals site. Planning to set up OVs to each.

Also, I'm not sure it was mentioned before, but Kemp is going to be an early enrollee.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1795761

It's a major upset for the Buffs if Kemp stays in-state, but that doesn't mean it's not a good sign when he lists CU among his Top 4 with Michigan, Notre Dame and UCLA in a new interview with the Michigan Rivals site. Planning to set up OVs to each.

Also, I'm not sure it was mentioned before, but Kemp is going to be an early enrollee.

https://colorado.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1795761
CU, in many ways, has as much or even more to offer than those three.

Certainly better climate than ND or Michigan. Leavitt is probably a pretty big factor as well. LA has its own set of issues, and Boulder is his home town. Those are our advantages.

Back