What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 FL S Craig Watts Jr. (Verbal to USF)

At this point I think even if he comes to Boulder he will end up transfering. His heart is not in it.

D.Scott all over again.

Every good recruit doesn't want to be a buff. That's the problem. MacIntyre will replace watts with a SJSU recruit.

Early candidate for worst post of 2016

Not so fast.....

At this point I think even if he comes to Boulder he will end up transfering. His heart is not in it.

D.Scott all over again.

Really? Where in the wide word of sports do you have any basis to make this claim. Please provide some suitable context or data to support this asinine statement. Otherwise let the young man make his decision, if he is a Buff fantastic if he goes elsewhere best of luck to him.

Not so fast.....

Really? Where in the wide word of sports do you have any basis to make this claim. Please provide some suitable context or data to support this asinine statement. Otherwise let the young man make his decision, if he is a Buff fantastic if he goes elsewhere best of luck to him.

My context is Watts was committed to the Buffs and is now opened up his commitment. Watts in his decommitment tweet said his heart was not in it. If you read his twitter many of his friends are going to USF which is his home town team and allows him to be close to his family. Adam at rivals said the only reason Watts would do an interview with him was because he called the house like and his mom talked him into doing it.

I think if he comes to CU and he is not completely sold he will end up transferring like Scott did.

I did not say he would be a bust like Scott was. Just was trying to say if his heart is not sold on Colorado he would transfer.

Dorn that is just an incorrect comparison. Scott played at CU for 2 years but didn't produce. Was it because his heart wasn't in it? I don't think so... because when he transferred, he still didn't do much of anything, and then he bombed out trying to make it in the NFL.

He just didn't live up to expectations, regardless of where he went. Don't know if it was injury, drugs, booze, or something else.. its sad though.

Watts is deciding where to go to college. If he is on the fence but does decide to commit, that does not indicate he will transfer or wash out at all.

Must be hard being recruited to a not so good football school that is so far away from everything you know. I have to constantly remind myself that these are high school kids who are easily swayed by any little thing. I have no doubt Leavitt did a great job of recruiting him, but when he's not around to constantly reel him in from all the other people chirping in his ear it's nearly impossible.

I'm still not sure how much he doesn't want CU, his pictures on Twitter are high school football, his girl, his family, and CU football related. I'd love to have him, but at this point I'm okay with him going somewhere else. CU is creating an identity and we don't need to play the desperation game with recruits, it simply looks bad.

I know this is a recruit's thread, but I just want to say that there are a lot of people here that need to understand that saying "good riddance, WE ONLY WANT BUFFZ" to a kid who's trying to make a major life decision (and who is extremely talented and who would be a great addition to the CU football team) is a bad look.

My context is Watts was committed to the Buffs and is now opened up his commitment. Watts in his decommitment tweet said his heart was not in it. If you read his twitter many of his friends are going to USF which is his home town team and allows him to be close to his family. Adam at rivals said the only reason Watts would do an interview with him was because he called the house like and his mom talked him into doing it.

I think if he comes to CU and he is not completely sold he will end up transferring like Scott did.

I did not say he would be a bust like Scott was. Just was trying to say if his heart is not sold on Colorado he would transfer.

The inferences based upon twitter feeds and prior player examples are unfair to Watts. If he has made it a priority to stay local to be close to friends and family Florida its tough to knock him on that, but if he wanted to adventure west to Boulder and experience the great things CU has to offer that's great too.

hope he comes to cu and enjoys boulder...if not good luck to him whereever he goes to school.....its a free country!....i think

There was an article the other day about Jim Harbaugh stating that he was going to show up at 12:01am today to this 4* kickers (current Penn State commit) house and sleep on his floor and go to all his classes with him if that's what it took to get him to flip to UM. Have to be bold in recruiting, I guess!

That's not fitting at all. That is absolutely not the attitude this site takes with prospective recruits.

Loved Rickman, though. RIP.
I love Craig Watts Jr and hope he joins CU. This is humor. Some people don't get humor. Leavitt won't quit him! I won't either, but once a recruit goes elsewhere they are dead to me. I don't follow their career. This is a Buffs board, so if you join, welcome aboard and let's get this thing turned around. If not, you are dead to me in a sense I don't give a **** how your career goes and I won't be rooting for you unless you choose to transfer to CU or become a Bronco or on my fantasy team in the future.

Yikes. Some of you guys really need to tone down the rhetoric. This thread is getting ridiculous.

There was an article the other day about Jim Harbaugh stating that he was going to show up at 12:01am today to this 4* kickers (current Penn State commit) house and sleep on his floor and go to all his classes with him if that's what it took to get him to flip to UM. Have to be bold in recruiting, I guess!

They were joking about this on the radio. The kid told Harbaugh his room is decked out with PSU stuff on all the walls. Harbaugh said he would help him take it down.

CYon_zSWQAAMHuz.jpg

its hand to hand combat on the recruiting trail! ...if you cant take the heat go coach highschool

Glad we're still trying. Who knows? Sometimes kids just want to know they are valued.

It may come down to whichever school is in his living room last. I have faith in JL, he is an exceptional, dedicated recruiter.

The thing I sort of think is that he has family that want him to stay closer to home. That'd be a tough factor to overcome.

Maybe third times the charm.... Still not giving up on him. USF just lost their DC to another school so proximity to home seems to be the deciding factor. As a side note, USF is in one of the worst areas of Tampa, gang shootings, run down, ect..... Passing up Boulder for that place is unbelievable.

Would have loved for Watts to play here, but it is what it is. Hope he gets his degree and goes on to success in life.

Good luck to him. Hope he enjoys playing close to home with a program potentially on the rise.

Back