What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'16 FL WR Johnny Huntley (Signed to COLORADO)

Kids are finally buying in to the "be part of something special" message. I'm thinking our sales staff has really improved. But what do they say about a good salesman? He has to believe in what he's selling. I think this staff believes.
We have better salesmen now.

Bingo.

The infusion of energy from Leavitt though has given the message some more oomph I think. This staff is finding their stride I think.
JL's energy and passion are great. I wonder if the Mac haters on this board will give him the credit he deserves for this hire...I don't think it can be overstated how good a job he did hiring Leavitt.

Bingo.

The infusion of energy from Leavitt though has given the message some more oomph I think. This staff is finding their stride I think.

People knew MM was a good coach, but many wondered if he could get it done at this level. I feel people seeing him make the move to improve the staff with such a legitimate and huge upgrade there has added a huge amount of credibility to his vision.

And the facilities are no longer a joke, even though more will happen in the near future.

JL's energy and passion are great. I wonder if the Mac haters on this board will give him the credit he deserves for this hire...I don't think it can be overstated how good a job he did hiring Leavitt.
I like Mac a lot. But he really lucked out with Leavitt, from what I've read about it. Just one of those things.

Like they bumped into each other at king soopers?

:lol:

They knew each other a little big because they lived in the same neighborhood when HCMM was at SJSU and Leavitt was with the 49ers. I believe that Patrick Willis made the connect since he was playing for Leavitt and had been recruited to Ole Miss by HCMM.

:lol:

They knew each other a little big because they lived in the same neighborhood when HCMM was at SJSU and Leavitt was with the 49ers. I believe that Patrick Willis made the connect since he was playing for Leavitt and had been recruited to Ole Miss by HCMM.
Weren't they going to the same church out in Cal? Jesus brought them together.

I hadn't heard that, but it's entirely possible that they went to the same church.

Mac has said that at least twice in interviews (Church).

In fact, Mac was hired 1/15/2003 by Bill Parcells of the Cowboys, from Ole Miss.
Willis committed to Ole Miss, only 3 days earlier on 1/12/03 (over Memphis).
It's well known that Mac was close to Willis et. al. and encouraged him to stick with Ole Miss, essentially continuing to recruit him after he left for the NFL. They remain close to this day although Mac never coached Willis.

Leavitt is also close to Willis.

Last edited:
[tweet]629291019872419840[/tweet]
[tweet]629342168893759488[/tweet]

Smart kid, knows what he wants to do in life. Looks like he is going to be a kinesiology major.

You will want to watch this
[tweet]630043092876455936[/tweet]

Rob seemed bound and determined not to accept that Huntley is a CU solid commit. Just what we have to deal with until the country finds out what those close to things know about the current state and future of the football program here (along with the competition, academic and community opportunities this place affords).

Rob seemed bound and determined not to accept that Huntley is a CU solid commit. Just what we have to deal with until the country finds out what those close to things know about the current state and future of the football program here (along with the competition, academic and community opportunities this place affords).

Yeah he seemed almost in disbelief. You got to love that Huntley says he can get both Watts and Julmisse to commit to the Buffs though.

Back