What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'17 TX OG Xavier Newman (Signed to Baylor)

If huckins starts next year it will be very surprising and not a good sign. It will likely come down to if they want lynott at center and polley at guard or Newman at center and lynott at guard.

If huckins starts next year it will be very surprising and not a good sign. It will likely come down to if they want lynott at center and polley at guard or Newman at center and lynott at guard.

I agree. You'd rather have them all RS but this is the best group of OL coming in since rogers, gurode era.

Starting a true freshman on the OL is not a bad thing. We are going to have plenty of experience coming back, but I would guess there is going to be a spot up for grabs in the fall. Newman and others will have a shot.

Starting a true freshman on the OL is not a bad thing. We are going to have plenty of experience coming back, but I would guess there is going to be a spot up for grabs in the fall. Newman and others will have a shot.
I think the spot comes down to who they see as their long term center. If that is lynott then go ahead and throw polley in there this year to have continuity the year after. Center is the one position on the line where a true freshman may have more struggles than the other spots and guard should be the easiest. Either way, big decision for Adams down the line on where to put lynott and Newman.

RG will be up for grabs with Lynott moving to Center. Very likely we see a true freshman or someone different there.

Thing I love with Adams is what he did when he first took over - nobody has earned anything, he'll put the best 5 on the field regardless of what year they are. And he's not afraid to choose youth and potential when it's the better option.

Yep. For example, Haigler was in no way ready to be a starting RT this year as a RS-Frosh. But his athleticism and potential are so high that Adams went with him despite inexperience and being 20 lbs light.

MM, you need to make a hire and stabilize this staff
cause this is totally the place for that comment...

200.gif

It wont hurt as badly if we can reel in some of these 4 stars that are thinking of committing to us! So let's hope for a solid end of Jan!

Moments like this when it's really frustrating as a fan, better to step away from the process for awhile. I say show up on signing day, enjoy the commitments that stuck to their word, appreciate the surprises (hoping they are good) and forget about the ones that may have flaked (in our opinion).

Hope CU can finish strong. We'll get some good players whether Newman, Nixon are in or not. That's why they pay our guys to recruit so they can worry about it.

Moments like this when it's really frustrating as a fan, better to step away from the process for awhile. I say show up on signing day, enjoy the commitments that stuck to their word, appreciate the surprises (hoping they are good) and forget about the ones that may have flaked (in our opinion).

Hope CU can finish strong. We'll get some good players whether Newman, Nixon are in or not. That's why they pay our guys to recruit so they can worry about it.
Prove it.

Excellent point and points.

This last month has sucked ass. Hope Mac gets off his media tour long enough to stem the bloodletting.

The media tour has a draw all its own.
Hard to turn down or give up,

But it can be costly. The no show offense in the last 2 games has and will cost the Buffs more than just checks in the loss. column. It has started. There had been no change in the offensive staff. Same offense for next year. They notice they change their minds. More to come.

The rise is in stall mode. This kid is a big loss.

Go Buffs.

Back