What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'18 CO OLB Ray Robinson (SIGNED to COLORADO)

I don't consider him a risk, to the contrary I think he is the kind of guy who following in the footsteps of Sparaco and Van Diest who can help lead more and more of the best players in the Denver metro area to play for CU.

He is the kind of kid who in recent past years would give us a courtesy look and sign with somebody who is winning games.

Now we are winning games, and winning the recruiting battles that will keep that going.
I was posting two distinct thoughts. Sorry about the confusion. My bad.
A. Boulders locale (suddenly this is a good thing)?
B. Why I love this kid. Don't care if he doesn't get anymore offers either.

From interview with Ray's coach Mark Robinson, also his father:

“He’s a really hard worker. He’s played football since he was eight, he played defensive end and linebacker up until he got to high school. When he was a freshman the defensive coaches wanted to move him back to safety, give him a shot there,” Mark said of Ray. “To be honest with you I didn’t think it would work. I thought they’d move him right back up to linebacker, but it turned out to be great for him. He has the ability to play sideline to sideline in Cover-3, which really helps us out when we’re in that coverage. He still has the hitting mentality of a linebacker.”

Coach's Take: Ray Robinson

Welcome Ray to the Colorado Family. You Sir already know how great it is here.

GO BUFFS!!

I'm a huge fan of early offers and commits. Personally, and I know this isn't always the case, but it means a lot to me if a staff feels comfortable offering a guy early. They didn't have to wait for a great junior/senior summer circuit or more senior film. They liked and offered. I know this happens to a lot of kids, but I still like seeing those kids commit. He may not get the pub that others get, which may be deserved, but I'm personally pumped about Ray Robinson (was Walker Culver too, but whatever...). I fully admit to CO bias as well. Wish Ray the best at CU, on and off the field.

Back