What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA CB Don Chapman (Signed to North Carolina)

One of the best hires made so far and it was from completely out of left field. Dude basically had 1 impressive year coaching the DBs at Army and no ties to the western US. But he's doing a fantastic job.
I’m sure Mac helps him close on DBs, especially with his history

One of the best hires made so far and it was from completely out of left field. Dude basically had 1 impressive year coaching the DBs at Army and no ties to the western US. But he's doing a fantastic job.
Wasn’t he a big time referral from a pretty big name coach like Aranda or something?

bet that if Miles was a Buff he would have stayed onboard ....
got to believe there's a plan...please amaze us real soon RG

I do hope the new staff goes after a lot of these DB recruits, Mac did have a pretty good class of them going.

So I have a shot?

No. Are we going to pretend to ridicule this to death? Multiple recruits have come out and said, “I’m a Buff, no matter what.” Those are the kids who are truly committed to Colorado. If Chapman doesn’t want to be here, oh well, later.

No. Are we going to pretend to ridicule this to death? Multiple recruits have come out and said, “I’m a Buff, no matter what.” Those are the kids who are truly committed to Colorado. If Chapman doesn’t want to be here, oh well, later.

How about you let a new staff get hired and see how things shake out instead of just flippantly talking about "kids who really want to be Buffs" when MM was just fired. There are a lot of moving parts right now.

How about you let a new staff get hired and see how things shake out instead of just flippantly talking about "kids who really want to be Buffs" when MM was just fired. There are a lot of moving parts right now.
Correct. Salvaging the top end of this class is the top priority of the incoming staff.

yup this is all part of the process and to be expected....

How about I just have my own opinion, thanks. There’s no “flippantly” talking about anything when the kids themselves have said, “Buffs no matter what.” There is no more obvious, “kids who want to be buffs” then kids who say as much no matter what.

Now drop it, once again you’re hounding my opinion and going off topic and then pretending like you’re innocent. Recruit thread. :rolleyes:

How about I just have my own opinion, thanks. There’s no “flippantly” talking about anything when the kids themselves have said, “Buffs no matter what.” There is no more obvious, “kids who want to be buffs then kids who say as much no matter what.

Now drop it, once again you’re hounding my opinion and going off topic and then pretending like you’re innocent. Recruit thread. :rolleyes:

This is all on-topic, martyr. Chapman may end up being a Buff after all.

Everything I said is absolutely true. Even the kids who are "Buff no matter what" may not end up signing with the Buffs.

No matter how much these young men are told to commit to a school, not a coach, they will almost always commit to a coach. They find a system fit and a personality fit that they feel good about. As fans, we're committed to a school rather than the coaches. It's very different for the players. Even after they're here and become committed to the school, a coaching change can change their experience a lot and make it suck for them.

I think every one of our recruits - even if he has said that he is still 100% committed - should reserve a bit of his decision based on the conversations he has with whomever we hire. It has to feel right and be a fit or it would be a mistake for him and for CU.

Last edited:
Back