What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA CB Isaiah Rutherford (Signed to Notre Dame)

If a W is the decision maker after the game, FUX EM UP FUX EM UP! GO CU!!!
Game won’t be over until 10:30-11pm PT on Saturday, and I’m guessing he’s not waiting until then to announce, nor should he allow the result of the CU/SC game be the deciding factor. I’m guessing he’s ND bound, but hopefully the coaches keep on him if so.

Both the aTm and Oregon guys went with Notre Dame crystal ball predictions today.

I get that he doesn't live on the beach, but he doesn't want to go from California to South Bend. Leave that to the kids who don't know better.

Come to Boulder where the weather's better, the girls are hotter, and, what's best, you don't have to live in Indiana!

I get that he doesn't live on the beach, but he doesn't want to go from California to South Bend. Leave that to the kids who don't know better.

Come to Boulder where the weather's better, the girls are hotter, and, what's best, you don't have to live in Indiana!
Yeah. I visit my grandma in Indiana every February, about 2 hours outside South Bend, and boy does it suck. Like literally almost year round, Indiana sucks. Plus, as a ND student, don’t you have to do a bunch of Catholic ****?

Yeah. I visit my grandma in Indiana every February, about 2 hours outside South Bend, and boy does it suck. Like literally almost year round, Indiana sucks. Plus, as a ND student, don’t you have to do a bunch of Catholic ****?

Well, after all he did go to a High School called "Jesuit". He either is a Catholic or has seen/heard a lot of the "Catholic Stuff"....Agree that Northern Indiana and the Chicago spillover areas are dismal places. Three or four years of that would be soul-crushing.

Well, after all he did go to a High School called "Jesuit". He either is a Catholic or has seen/heard a lot of the "Catholic Stuff"....Agree that Northern Indiana and the Chicago spillover areas are dismal places. Three or four years of that would be soul-crushing.

As a Catholic kind of wondering what the inference is on the "Catholic stuff" statement. I am absolutely not a Notre Dame football fan but some things are worth noting.

Notre Dame is a university owned and operated by the Catholic Church, more specifically a Catholic religious order called the Congregation of the Holy Cross which is focused on education and has various schools from the K-8 to university level throughout the world.

If someone is Catholic Notre Dame is an easy place to be but other than a crucifix in each classroom most students wouldn't see much difference between Notre Dame and say the University of Indiana. Much of the student body is not Catholic. Many of the Catholic students are non-practicing. It isn't like BYU where the practice of the religion permeates all aspects of student life.

There are on campus religious services for muslims and protestant Christians. There are a fair number of Jewish students as well.

The football team has had starters of almost all religious backgrounds. A recruit needs to know that yes there will be Catholic priest leading prayers and that schedules will set to accommodate those who wish to go to mass but none of that will be new to Isaiah.

Overall Notre Dame is probably more tolerant of diverse beliefs than most public universities are. There is certainly no pressure on players or other students to do that "Catholic stuff."

As a Catholic kind of wondering what the inference is on the "Catholic stuff" statement. I am absolutely not a Notre Dame football fan but some things are worth noting.

Notre Dame is a university owned and operated by the Catholic Church, more specifically a Catholic religious order called the Congregation of the Holy Cross which is focused on education and has various schools from the K-8 to university level throughout the world.

If someone is Catholic Notre Dame is an easy place to be but other than a crucifix in each classroom most students wouldn't see much difference between Notre Dame and say the University of Indiana. Much of the student body is not Catholic. Many of the Catholic students are non-practicing. It isn't like BYU where the practice of the religion permeates all aspects of student life.

There are on campus religious services for muslims and protestant Christians. There are a fair number of Jewish students as well.

The football team has had starters of almost all religious backgrounds. A recruit needs to know that yes there will be Catholic priest leading prayers and that schedules will set to accommodate those who wish to go to mass but none of that will be new to Isaiah.

Overall Notre Dame is probably more tolerant of diverse beliefs than most public universities are. There is certainly no pressure on players or other students to do that "Catholic stuff."

I am too. No harm, no foul. I was just following up on Tschek's post.

Are we and OU really the only other teams who brought him in for an OV? That can’t be right. Anyway, I hope we’ve got a shot at him. Would be an immediate contributor I imagine

Back