What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA DT Siale Liku (Signed to UCLA)

“I didn’t expect a lot from colorado because it was just Colorado.”

This is the awful reputation we possess? Yikes. We’re slowly repairing this image though.
Yeah that was probably the most brutally honest take from a recruit I’ve heard in one of those reports. That’s why hosting big time recruits on visits is a such a big deal; gets the word out that Colorado is “just Colorado”.

Yeah that was probably the most brutally honest take from a recruit I’ve heard in one of those reports. That’s why hosting big time recruits on visits is a such a big deal; gets the word out that Colorado is “just Colorado”.

I'm not following your comment. Are you saying that it get's the word out that we are "just Colorado" or that the more we host the more we will flip that narrative?

Edit: Not trying to be argumentative. Just trying to decode. I think we should host them more and show off what we have which I think is what you were saying too.

I'm not following your comment. Are you saying that it get's the word out that we are "just Colorado" or that the more we host the more we will flip that narrative?

Edit: Not trying to be argumentative. Just trying to decode. I think we should host them more and show off what we have which I think is what you were saying too.
Yep. The more we host the more we flip that narrative, because it seems like most recruits (whether they say it directly like he did or not) still don’t really have a great image of Colorado prior to visiting.

What I read into the "just Colorado" comment was that he wasn't expecting anything special. Our campus is special but from a football standpoint our image is justifiably not good after well over a decade of futility. Recruits don't see Colorado as a "big time" program.

TSchek is correct that the more kids we can get in here to see what is happening in the program the more likely that image is to change. The campus helps but seeing the facilities and more importantly seeing a winning culture being built is much more important.

Yep. The more we host the more we flip that narrative, because it seems like most recruits (whether they say it directly like he did or not) still don’t really have a great image of Colorado prior to visiting.
What I read into the "just Colorado" comment was that he wasn't expecting anything special. Our campus is special but from a football standpoint our image is justifiably not good after well over a decade of futility. Recruits don't see Colorado as a "big time" program.

TSchek is correct that the more kids we can get in here to see what is happening in the program the more likely that image is to change. The campus helps but seeing the facilities and more importantly seeing a winning culture being built is much more important.

I think you're both correct. As a CA native I was speechless when I drove over the hill on 36 for the first time and became enamored with the campus as I visited. CU and Boulder in general have a special gravitas that can't quite be described/explained. The more high profile recruits we can get to visit the better we will be. Credit goes to HCMM, Chiv, and the new hires as well for changing the culture and making a fun, connected, family atmosphere. The new facilities combined with the new attitude and I think we should start to see results.

Sounds like he prefers defense, so I'd say CU or Cal with a CU lean right now. The hard close and last visit from Cal is worrisome.

It at least sounds very positive based on his comments. But figuring out the mind of an 18/19 year old is not one of my better skill sets.

Back