What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

'19 CA WR Kyle Ford (Signed to USC)

Basically can pencil him as a day-one starter if he comes here (or wherever he ends up). Big time talent.

You think he can start anywhere in the country day one? Just curious.

Also, do we feel this performance is bad for the Buffs? I imagine his performance isn’t going to make schools back away but be more aggressive.

You think he can start anywhere in the country day one? Just curious.

Also, do we feel this performance is bad for the Buffs? I imagine his performance isn’t going to make schools back away but be more aggressive.

I think he can either start or play a lot anywhere he signs. There is really zero reason to redshirt him.

The coaches recruiting him already know he is an elite talent, this does not change much, other than it helps that an elite player is consistently mentioning CU in the company of other great players.

I think he can either start or play a lot anywhere he signs. There is really zero reason to redshirt him.

The coaches recruiting him already know he is an elite talent, this does not change much, other than it helps that an elite player is consistently mentioning CU in the company of other great players.
Yep, I mean, he’s being recruited hard by Michigan, Oregon, USC, UCLA, and Florida, just to name a few of the ones he consistently mentions. Doesn’t get much bigger... well besides CU.

Yep. To put it into perspective, Ford is a much more highly regarded recruit than Paul Richardson was.

giphy.gif

The more I see the more I believe we can’t have shiny things and he probably won’t come here. But man, this kid would be a phenomenal get for the Buffs. He’s the kind of recruit we need every single cycle, at least a few like him.

Just going to point out he is a borderline 5* recruit, he might just end up a 5*. Getting at least a few like him in every class is national championship caliber recruiting. 5* players are rare for a reason.

he is the real deal. he looks and plays like a big timer-- he'd do really well in our offense, like video game stats well.

Kyle Ford - WR - Players
247Sports analyst Barton Simmons writes that uncommitted four-star 2019 WR Kyle Ford "dominated" at The Opening on Monday.
"Ford did it by dominating physically, winning through contact. And just when you thought he was all size, he’d toast a corner on a deep vertical," Simmons writes. The 6-foot-3, 195-pounder brings to the table awesome body control -- he showed that off on a one-handed grab on Monday -- and is being courted by the likes of Oregon, Colorado, Michigan, USC and UCLA. The 247Sports composite board sees him into the fray at No. 44 overall for the 2019 cycle.
Source: 247Sports

Just going to point out he is a borderline 5* recruit, he might just end up a 5*. Getting at least a few like him in every class is national championship caliber recruiting. 5* players are rare for a reason.

I guess I should walk back my comment a bit, he’s definitely higher than most kids were in on. I don’t expect Colorado to land 2+ players in the top 50 recruits every single year, that’s likely to never happen. I just meant a player who can have an impact like him is what we need to capture every class. It’s not too much to ask to land 1-2 top 300 players a year. Illinois, Purdue and Boise state have 2 each right now. If we can’t beat them in recruiting we’re doing something wrong.

Anyways. Yeah Ford is unreal and someone we could desperately use.

I guess I should walk back my comment a bit, he’s definitely higher than most kids were in on. I don’t expect Colorado to land 2+ players in the top 50 recruits every single year, that’s likely to never happen. I just meant a player who can have an impact like him is what we need to capture every class. It’s not too much to ask to land 1-2 top 300 players a year. Illinois, Purdue and Boise state have 2 each right now. If we can’t beat them in recruiting we’re doing something wrong.

Anyways. Yeah Ford is unreal and someone we could desperately use.
I wouldn't say never. We've done it before. We can get back there.

Granted, none of them turned out to be as good as they were rated coming out of high school, but I found this Tom Lemming Top 100 from 2000 with three Buffs. Marcus Houston at #5, Quinn Sypniewski at #26 and Craig Ochs at #67. We had many years like that in the 1990s. With our facilities there is no reason we can't do it again if we can string a few winning seasons together.

https://247sports.com/Article/The-O...-on-Kyle-Fords-monster-weekend-more-119598786

The 'best of all-time' sounds hyperbolic. It sounds unreasonable and unnecessary. It sounds like it’s an attempt at overdramatizing a t-shirt camp. But sometimes it’s just true. Kyle Ford just put together the best wide receiver performance in the history of The Opening Finals – and I’ve been to all of them.

Don’t misunderstand. Though we’re going to rank Ford and try to predict and project what his long-term future looks like, I’m not saying he’s the best receiver I’ve ever seen. I’m saying he dominated The Opening, a showcase of the 162 best college football prospects in the country, like no one I’ve ever seen before.

I really don't want to take anything away from Ford but I do think analysts need to pump the brakes a little bit. He had his high school quarterback throwing him balls, I could've guessed he'd have way more receptions than everyone else. Wide receiver has a lot to do with who's throwing you the ball and I just think Ford had a little bit of an advantage this past weekend.

Back