1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1997 Season

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by slidin37, Jul 1, 2009.

1. slidin37

slidin37 New Member

Hey all...haven't posted in a long time...

Anyway, I have a question for the board. So, we had to forfeit all of the games in the 1997 season due to various violations, right? However, looking at the media guide or the "official" schedule from that season, there's no mention of it and we still show our stellar record of 5-6. Does anybody know what the deal is with that? What are the actual ramifications for that?

Thanks.

2. Liver

Liver modded mod Club Member Junta Member

the official school records don't reflect "vacated" wins. and, i think even in the ncaa records, it is still listed as 5-6 with an asterisk that indicates that the wins were vacated.

basically, it is a no-real-consequence type of deal... that's why free shoes univ.'s "vacating" of some of their wins the last few years is not a big deal.

the only time anyone would even make a stink about it would be if the national championship could be arguably impacted or, in the case of fsu, whether someone could argue that the vacated wins shouldn't count towards bowden's lifetime win tally.

3. slidin37

slidin37 New Member

Is there any difference between "vacated" wins and "forfeiting"?

4. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

I believe one is past tense. We vacated the games we one. And forfeiting would be done before a game is played.

5. LongHaulBuff

LongHaulBuff Club Member Club Member

I think a forfeit would show up as a loss. Wouldn't it??

6. SkiTownUSA

SkiTownUSA Administrator Club Member Junta Member

Indeed.

7. slidin37

slidin37 New Member

I actually asked the question of Dave Plati and I got this response:

8. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

On a separate note regarding 1997, for whatever reason FSN has chosen to relive this season recently by showing classic games from 1997, versus Oklahoma State and Iowa State. FSN also likes to show the Wyoming game from that year. What is the fascination with that season? It's better than nothing, but aggravating that they don't show more or better games/seasons.

9. dply

dply Doble hoja Club Member

They have shown the 2005 CU vs. CSU and the 1990 CU vs. Missou game in the last few weeks.

10. BuffNut99

BuffNut99 Club Member Club Member

Yep, I've seen those too. Funny how they show the Big 8 Football Network feed of the 1990 Missouri game and not the KCNC version - the former has Dave Armstrong (awful former broadcaster of the Rockies) teamed with Dave Lapham. I always liked the KCNC feed (Les Shapiro and Dave Logan) better, they have a clue as to what's going on at the end.

Also, the Big 10 Network showed CU-Illinois 1990 a few weeks ago. Should have won that game. CU had a 3rd and about 5 near the end that would have iced the game, Illinois clearly jumped offside but was not flagged, and Pritchard couldn't come up with the reception. CU punted, then Illinois started the winning drive.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009