1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st Game Hiccups

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by B1Buff, Sep 4, 2009.

1. B1Buff

B1Buff Active Member

I am definately a cup half-full guy and see us being spectacular this year until I have a reason to think otherwise; however, watching yesterdays games, I can't help but notice how unprepared, SC, NCstate, BSU, and Oregon looked. I know you always have to expect some first game mistakes, but this was terrible. I hope Hawk has our boys ready to execute and look like a machine out there.

2. Darth Snow

Darth Snow Hawaiian Buffalo Club Member Junta Member

I haven't noticed first games being all that bad under hawk except for his first year (which game shall not be named).

Not to worried about that. Maybe a lost Timeout or 2. And with helfy gone, hopefully the O will act like it knows how to block.

3. B1Buff

B1Buff Active Member

Typically the Buffs come out to play against CSU...an advantage to playing a "rival" the first game. But all the teams looked gawd awful yesterday. ridiculous dropped passes, pathetic missed tackles, fumbled snaps, and complete ineptitude in all aspects of the game. All those teams had the same practice time as we did, I just hope that was meaningful practice and our guys come out in a full on stampede and never look back.

4. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Club Member Club Member

I think a certain number of hiccups are inevitable, but if anything this favors the Buffs. Playing at home, experienced QB, RB, coaching staff. And as others have said, minus 1 game (which I have almost completely blotted from my memory) Hawk has done well in this area. I look for the Buffs to come out and play well on Sunday.

5. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

Brainfarts are bound to happen by both teams. But any jitters should be worked out by the second possession.

6. Scotch

Scotch Registered User Club Member Junta Member

I expect to see some tentativeness and sloppy play in the first half, and a more focused CU team in the 2nd. As already mentioned, so far Hawk's teams do seem better prepared for the season openers(except the one game) than Barnett's teams ever did.

7. Dunken

Dunken Member

something just seems a little different this yr with this team, I mean that in a good way. I think they are looking at this yr as not to win what they have to to make it to a bowl game, but to win the North, then the BIG 12 Championship.......GO BUFFS!!!!!

8. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

:stupid: