1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1st quarter

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Mick Ronson, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

worst quarter of football i've ever seen in person.

2. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

Worst I have seen on TV.....except, maybe for the 2nd quarter.

3. SBG

SBG Formerly known as EFNMB Club Member Junta Member

I thought last year was worse. Seriously. An improvement! Ugh.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Really?

There's some stiff competition. 1st quarter vs. CSU; 1st quarter vs. Toledo; 3rd quarter vs. Texas; 4th quarter vs. Texas; and, 2nd quarter vs. Kansas State were all epic in their suckitude.

5. Idot Buff

Idot Buff Club Member Club Member

And, that is just this year!

6. Junction

Junction Moderator Club Member

But we've played 32 quarters total. That leaves 28 others that weren't as bad. I think I've got some e-mails here talking about just how great some of those quarters were [/Hawkins]

7. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

I think the 2nd Qtr exceeded my lowest expectations. The fake FG helped seal the deal, but the reaction to it (standing around, selling popcorn from the field, taking tickets - whatever the stand-up defenders were doing on the corner) showed that the coaching staff either doesn't help the defenders or can't get them ready to play.

Of course, the first 25 minutes of the game was another testimonial to "Can't get a team ready to play". I don't know why Hawkins & Co decide to do that. That HAS to be a decision on their part, right? I mean, they can't just lay around and act like they refuse to help the team, right?

I was glad to see they decided to mention the game and some playing points during Halftime. That was obviously helpful to the team.

8. Unleash Hell

Unleash Hell Well-Known Member

1st quarter? How about the whole ****ing game, excpet for half the third quarter.

I want to know who got them fired up at halftime, I bet it wasn't the coaches, and I bet Talkins was picking his nose in the lockeroom, going duhhhhh uh coime on guys it's just little things we can do this!!!

9. Clean Undies

Clean Undies Flagship of the 12-Pac Club Member

When their backs are against the wall late in the game and they are down by three or more scores, and the opponent is fielding their scrubs, the CU offense has proven to be surprisingly tenatious. We fans don't give nearly enough credit for that.

10. The Guest

The Guest Guest

First quarter vs. Bama in the Indy bowl was pretty bad.

11. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

that's true. that was pretty bad, but i did not see that in person. sitting in section 104 yesterday, i was afforded a rock star view of the fumbled kick off and all of MU's first Q scores. the 73 yard short post route for the MU TD i called out of the huddle to my buddy.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2009
  12. BuffaloChuck

BuffaloChuck Member

Touché! SO RIGHT YOU ARE. Well-written!

NMBuff's thead about "Conspiracy Theory" comes to mind. All the opponents would love Hawkins & Co. to stay here for a long, LONG time.