1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Buffs & Coach Mac are nominated for induction to the Collage Football HOF

Discussion in 'Colorado Football Message Board' started by Hugegroove, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Hugegroove

Hugegroove Club Member Club Member

What are their chances?

http://espn.go.com/blog/big12

EB won't make it this year, Alfred, maybe. Mac has the best shot at it.

Good Luck to all of them!:thumbsup:

2. DBT

DBT Club Member Club Member

If Mac doesn't make it, then screw the HOF. That would be a travesty.

3. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

only a matter of time for Mac. this year, next year. he's a HOF'er no question. AL and EB were great players but I'm not familiar enough with the criteria to speculate. Jerry Claiborne (Kentucky coach) is in the HOF, Mac will be in.

4. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

Alfred should be in. It's an unfunny joke that he is not. 2-time All-American (unanimous in 1990), captain of a National Championship team, 1990 winner of the Butkus Award, and 2-time Big 8 Defensive Player of the Year.

Take those same credentials and put him on Nebraska or Oklahoma. He'd be in on the first ballot, right?

5. Darian3Hagan

Darian3Hagan '89 Player of the Year Club Member

Agreed. There isnt anything missing from Big Al's resume, he should be a lock.

6. buffalo30

buffalo30 Active Member

Jerry Claiborne was our defensive coordinator in 1971. He was a very good defensive coach and a really good guy on top of it.
    Coach Mac belongs in the college hall of fame no doubt. I think Alfred and Eric belong.

7. Dunken

Dunken Member

I think Alfred gets the nod before coach Mac does....but all three will get their time and should be in the CFHOF....

8. leftybuff

leftybuff Iconoclast Club Member

I would love to see some of Mac's collage work, can somebody post a pic?:smile2:

9. Mick Ronson

Mick Ronson Well-Known Member

looking at the list in total (not just Big 8/XII players), and the player bios at the end....along with Al both Lawrence Taylor and Brian Bosworth are on at least a second ballot. Bosworth, while a king d-bag and a roider, has about the same AA accolades, a Butkis, and MNC as Al. at RB, Eric Dickerson is also on a non-1st time ballot. so, i'd say no way to EB this time. maybe for Al (but, yes eventually) and yes for Mac. List of coaches also on the ballot don't compare to Mac except maybe the most over-hyped coach of the last 25 years.....Barry Alvarez. not in my eyes, and Mac has the Big Trophy, but Alvarez is a world-class media darling.