What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2012-13 Colorado Buffaloes vs Arizona Basketball game thread

It is the same team - let's hope they knock down the open outside shots this time.
So CU at home = CU on the road? Isn't that essentially what you're saying here? A 66% win chance is extremely high and ASU has faltered lately losing three of their last five.

bellamatt,

thanks for coming back. I hate to say this but your problem is not talent, it is coaching. Miller is a weak coach, who makes your team soft. He wastes timeouts , not only calling them two early (1 minute into the 2nd half) but when he does they are useless because I think we scored after every time you called a timeout. You guys have a great trap, why did we not see it last night?

This team does so many things that there is no explanation for, We have no bigs coach, hence 0 improvement from the freshman. We have no offensive scheme, hence Lyons dribbles for 20-25 seconds makes 2-3 passes and then they jack up a 3, and we have no PG, hence Lyons dribbling for 20-25 secs and then a jacked up 3.

BDJ4_qWCEAAp7T2.jpg:large

Contemporaneous meltdowns on GoCats and PointGuardU.

Really disappointed in how little credit the Buffs are getting over there. Ripping on Coach Miller for giving props to CU. Apparently, even though we've won (essentially) 4 of 5 from these turkeys, it's still all about them.

Really disappointed in how little credit the Buffs are getting over there. Ripping on Coach Miller for giving props to CU. Apparently, even though we've won (essentially) 4 of 5 from these turkeys, it's still all about them.

Perfectly normal for any fanbase.

I know we talk some **** about certain players on here every year, but man, those guys make us look soft.

they're bitching about being downgraded to a 3-seed and worried about falling to a 4 or 5. After our games and watching them play this year I am pretty sure everyone in the pac12 will have them eliminated in their bracket to the lower seed no matter where they end up.

**** em. This is exactly how rivals are born. Let em stew on it while and we keep on beating them.

Arizona should feel lucky to hold a 3 seed. I'm not knocking them, they just were never 1 or 2 seed material IMO

I honestly wouldn't call it a melt down on PGU, because what you are reading over there has been the consensus for the past 8 weeks now. As far as the miller comments, people are just getting sick of how he acts after the games, he is always going out of his way to boast the other team way more then most other coaches ever do.

Was there ever any doubt?

No, although News 4 tried to manufacture some. After Gary tweeted the pic of the decibel meter at 128, on the newscast they had to talk about how there was "controversy" about that reading, because CU fans were taking the meter and shouting directly into it, or some such nonsense.

I guess even Vic and Gary understand that CSEwe fans are far too sensitive to ever be told that they were actually beaten at something honestly.

I just want to add... IF we are going to rush again, we better do it much better. Right in front of me there was a huge pile-up in the aisle and guys were literally getting trampled
I was probably right by you. I ended up in the second row cause my buddies wanted to go down so I went with. I felt bad given we were in row fifteen during the game and it was chaos. The dude in front of me ate it and I just had to hop over him and run down. I still feel like we shouldn't have rushed but it was a helluva lot of fun.

We beat Zona pretty clearly last night and should have beaten them at their place as well, even with the bad call.

You can talk about their coaching deficiencies with reason. At the same time as I watched the game I was thinking that they are a talented team but also we match up against them very well. They don't have the big muscle inside players that cause us problems and they don't have the quickness on the perimiter to stay with the mayor, ski, and XJ (especially since he can also take guys inside with his size.) They also rely on their outside shooters but our length on the perimeter makes it hard for them to get a clean rythum on their shots.

I can see them being a much tougher match for some other schools than they are for us just like we seem to struggle with some other teams that overall aren't as good as we are.

We beat Zona pretty clearly last night and should have beaten them at their place as well, even with the bad call.

You can talk about their coaching deficiencies with reason. At the same time as I watched the game I was thinking that they are a talented team but also we match up against them very well. They don't have the big muscle inside players that cause us problems and they don't have the quickness on the perimiter to stay with the mayor, ski, and XJ (especially since he can also take guys inside with his size.) They also rely on their outside shooters but our length on the perimeter makes it hard for them to get a clean rythum on their shots.

I can see them being a much tougher match for some other schools than they are for us just like we seem to struggle with some other teams that overall aren't as good as we are.

My issue is we definitely do have these players, Zeus and Chol are beast's.
chol.jpg

Chol is the definition of muscle, the problem is neither one knows how to play basketball.

I wonder how Arizona fans will feel when they realize our team is younger than they are. Their game thread had a lot of bitching about freshmen in it.

My issue is we definitely do have these players, Zeus and Chol are beast's.
View attachment 11540

Chol is the definition of muscle, the problem is neither one knows how to play basketball.

I haven't read the Zona boards today, but if I was a UA fan I'd be saying the following:

1. Miller was a complete idot with timeouts. Timeout called 1 minute into the 2nd half? Final timeout with 4:01 on the clock with the tv timeout coming after the next stoppage?

2. Miller was a complete idot with defensive scheme. Why not show press early since CU struggled so much with it last time? How can you not try it at all at the end of the game (which kind of made it look like he gave up)? Why in the world would you choose the final 4 minutes to try to go zone when CU had been knocking down jump shots all night and the zone not only opens that up but also causes the offense to use more clock when you're running out of time?

3. On offense, jumpers were not falling with enough regularity to shoot the Cats to victory. Why didn't Miller have the team drive and crash? Attacking the rim was really effective during the comeback in Tucson.

4. CU's player evaluations and recruiting have been excellent for supporting a certain style of play. Zona cannot match the length and speed of CU. Why try to play CU at its own game by trying to match/mirror with lineups instead of forcing mismatches with the kind of big, thick bodies CU struggles with?

If I'm an Arizona fan, I'm really frustrated right now. Not so much about the loss -- because you're usually going to lose to good teams on the road when they're dialed in like CU was last night. But I'm frustrated because I'd feel like Miller mismanaged the game and didn't give Zona the best opportunity to overcome that.

Back