1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2012 Class

Discussion in 'University of Colorado Recruiting Archive' started by White_Rabbit, Feb 14, 2012.

1. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

So it seems pretty unanimous that people were highest on the same group of kids: Shane Dillon, Yuri Wright, Kenneth Crawley, Justin Solis, and Kisima Jagne.

There has been plenty of talk about these five, but the next tier of recruits is going to be equally important for us in the future. Who are the next five recruits that everyone is highest on?

I'd say:

1. Davien Payne: I think he's going to be a guy that plays early and often next year. He gives us the size and power that we have been sorely lacking for the last few years. He probably won't be as good as he can be until we get an OL that can generate a push as he isn't going to be making many people miss.

2. Gerald Thomas: Gerald is going to bring us some much needed speed at the WR position. I also think he could be a pretty good kick returner, and we certainly could use one of those.

3. Christian Powell: I don't think I even need to justify this one, if I went to six with the original list, he probably would have been on it. Probable 4 year starter at FB.

4. Josh Tupuo: Great looking kid that is already strong enough and big enough to play next year. He'll make a great duo with Solis for the next few years imo.

5. Austin Ray: We need one or two of the TEs to produce from the start and I'm going to go with this kid as the most likely.

2. Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle Club Member Club Member

I think you're correct about about Ray. He's in the best position to make a impact early on. I think he's for real.

3. Duff Man

Duff Man Moderator Club Member Junta Member

Austin Ray and Josh Tupou are in the top group IMO.

4. Quattro

Quattro Banned BANNED Club Member

1. Austin Ray
    2. Gerald Thomas
    3. Donta Abron Jr.
    4. John Walker
    5. Josh Tupou

5. Buffnik

Buffnik Real name isn't Nik Club Member Junta Member

:nod:

I think Henington is going to be a player and make a difference early, too.

6. White_Rabbit

White_Rabbit Club Member Club Member

I really like our entire DL class. Even the projects, Stuart and Rasmussen, will be good once they put on some weight and get serious in the gym. Henington definitely looked like he could play next year, but a little more weight wouldn't hurt. I think AZ spoke to him not too long ago and said he was at 285, so he's not far off.

7. zbuff

zbuff Club Member Club Member

Out of those 10, it seems like Dillon might be the only RS. For me, it's more like Wright, Crawley, and Dillon, and then 7, until we see the results of fall practice. I'd love to add our legacy kid to that, too, for his complete Bufficization if nothing else.

8. Buffnik

Does anyone know if he's wrestling this year?

9. Duff Man

Yes. 24-1 record as a senior. Qualifier for state this weekend.

10. Buffnik

Nice.

He needs to win the damn thing and then start getting himself to playing weight.

11. Duff Man

Yep.

The DL class is good and has the potential to be great if Jagne reaches his potential. That kid is an athletic freak with the measurables.

12. o_robbie

o_robbie I don't think before I post

I was excited when we landed Walker and Samson too. I think we are going to be very solid at DB for the next 4 years now with our 4 deep there and I think Samson could end up being the lunch pail run stuffing End we need to use on running downs.

13. Heywood

Heywood The actual El Guapo Club Member

isnt he in the heavyweight division? I vaguely remember that there is a lower limit for that division but not a higher limit (or atleast a broader weight range). Someone correct me if I am wrong. If I am right then he is probably not working to hard to shave the pounds.

14. MtnBuff

MtnBuff Not allowed in Barzil 2 Club Member

Colorado uses the weight classes defined by the national association which changed this year. They did leave the weight limit for heavyweight at 285 however so that is the upper limit and if he is at or near that weight he does need to pay attention to it.

On the other hand they give a growth variance on the weights throughout the year. I don't know currently how much that is but the actual weight limit is probably around 290 right now.

15. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

16. Buffnik

Very fair. Maybe even skewing high for the Buffs.

17. Creebuzz

Creebuzz Club Member Club Member

Very surprised to see the #1 rating on the RBs. Conversely, I thought DB haul would be higher than #4.

18. Buffnik

Probably some west coast bias on the recruits.

19. sliderNcider

sliderNcider MacLovin Club Member

1. Powell
    2. Ray
    3. Tupou
    4. Kafovalu
    5. Payne

20. nocoolnamejim

nocoolnamejim Active Member

Speaking as a Boise State guy, I think you really got a winner in Payne. My fanbase was really high on him and was initially very disappointed when Fields/Demas committed first for us and filled up our spots at that position. We're a little happier now that we've seen the two RBs who grabbed our openings have very nice senior years, but I still personally think Payne's going to be a good one for you Buffs.