What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2013 Charleston Southern @ Colorado Official Game thread

I was at the game today - great weather and an OK crowd. Man, are the Buffs SLOW. That's not good.

And I might get ripped for this, and I think he'll get better because he's young, but right now Sefo is not noticeably better than Connor.

I think time will tell. He has a great zip on the ball.
And he doesn't lock onto PRich and force it into triple coverage, instead he checks down. Overall he does a much better job of surveying the field.

And he doesn't lock onto PRich and force it into triple coverage, instead he checks down. Overall he does a much better job of surveying the field.

With our OL and receiving corps, I'm not sure it will make a huge difference in conference play this year. Not a criticism of the guy specifically. And he appears to be a great human being. Glad he's getting the experience.

Check out the rushing stats. Gotta love it when they look like this... (Sorry about Sefo's Duff.)

Screen Shot 2013-10-19 at 4.11.20 PM.png

Last edited:
And I might get ripped for this, and I think he'll get better because he's young, but right now Sefo is not noticeably better than Connor.

We have known all along that Sefo was going to require some development time. This is the primary reason that a big, rugged QB with a good arm didn't get a lot of attention from a bunch of other schools. He is going to look bad at times, he has a lot to learn. It looked like last week and today they only gave him very simple reads to work with.

That said he has a couple of things that we need that put him ahead of Connor. One is that he seems much calmer and more confident. It almost seems as if Conner was so worried about where the hit was coming from that he couldn't concentrate on playing executing plays. He started to scramble when the pressure wasn't there and to throw the ball up wildly when he sensed pressure. So far Sefo has not gone into panic mode.

Related to this it does seem like Sefo is much more comfortable getting the ball out quickly. He likes the quick drops and seems to have a faster release, all of which helps keep him from getting hit as much behind our pourous line.

We have known all along that Sefo was going to require some development time. This is the primary reason that a big, rugged QB with a good arm didn't get a lot of attention from a bunch of other schools. He is going to look bad at times, he has a lot to learn. It looked like last week and today they only gave him very simple reads to work with.

That said he has a couple of things that we need that put him ahead of Connor. One is that he seems much calmer and more confident. It almost seems as if Conner was so worried about where the hit was coming from that he couldn't concentrate on playing executing plays. He started to scramble when the pressure wasn't there and to throw the ball up wildly when he sensed pressure. So far Sefo has not gone into panic mode.

Related to this it does seem like Sefo is much more comfortable getting the ball out quickly. He likes the quick drops and seems to have a faster release, all of which helps keep him from getting hit as much behind our pourous line.

I do like Sefo's poise; rare for a true FR.

He reminds me of Ryan Tannehill with the Miami Dolphins in the pocket. RT is very calm and does not freak out with pressure. Another similarity is that both have little run game and a ****ty O-Line. I really want to see Sefo's wheels though. He was a dual threat in HS right?

Yeah, with Sefo, my first time seeing him, I was, like, "Why all the hype?" I was underwhelmed. But he does have poise and as things slow down he'll improve. I saw a couple of times with the read/option where he was too slow to make a decision and when he finally did, it was the wrong one. Also, his deep passes into tight coverage were not great. When he had guys open, he threw a nice ball.

Yeah, with Sefo, my first time seeing him, I was, like, "Why all the hype?" I was underwhelmed. But he does have poise and as things slow down he'll improve. I saw a couple of times with the read/option where he was too slow to make a decision and when he finally did, it was the wrong one. Also, his deep passes into tight coverage were not great. When he had guys open, he threw a nice ball.
The first time you saw Sefo he lead a touchdown drive...

I watched the offense last night, I'm not seeing these throwing issues that you seem to either. He's had a few bad passes (post to PRich, comeback to PRich) but he's been on point with his passes for the most part, especially on the run which has been pretty impressive.

Last edited:

This is the sole reason Connor got benched for Sefo. The book had been written on how to shut down CU's passing threat. Just hit Connor once or twice and he was done for the game.

I watched the offense last night, I'm not seeing these throwing issues that you seem to either. He's had a few bad passes (post to PRich, comeback to PRich) but he's been on point with his passes.

The intermediate game is very good for Sefo, at least it has looked that way. The long ball is a work in progress. He has the arm strength to get it down there, and was fairly accurate, but he needs to learn some touch on the ball. That is a typical freshman issue. As long as I see some improvement I will be happy, and this experience will be invaluable next season.

He reminds me of Ryan Tannehill with the Miami Dolphins in the pocket. RT is very calm and does not freak out with pressure. Another similarity is that both have little run game and a ****ty O-Line. I really want to see Sefo's wheels though. He was a dual threat in HS right?
Sefo was actually a under the center pro style QB in high school. The reason Embree and Co. recruited him.

The intermediate game is very good for Sefo, at least it has looked that way. The long ball is a work in progress. He has the arm strength to get it down there, and was fairly accurate, but he needs to learn some touch on the ball. That is a typical freshman issue. As long as I see some improvement I will be happy, and this experience will be invaluable next season.

I think most of his accuracy issues stem from his footwork, which we knew needed work coming into the season. Fortunately for us that's very coachable and he has it between the ears.

Sent from a red light

I watched the offense last night, I'm not seeing these throwing issues that you seem to either. He's had a few bad passes (post to PRich, comeback to PRich) but he's been on point with his passes for the most part, especially on the run which has been pretty impressive.
No, I did not see the ASU game. Saturday was my first time seeing him play.

Back