What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2014 Colorado vs CSU - Rocky Mountain Showdown Game Thread

Have to be concerned for the rushing defense. I'm sure CSU has some decent backs, but they shouldn't be shredding the Buffs like this.

This is frustrating as hell. Its possible csu is decent this year but we should still be manhandling them and not lose the los

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our recruiting does seem to be superficially at least pretty awful, but I see very few comments about it here. Is that because we're in the enthusiasm part of the cycle, or because we're genuinely recruiting a lot of "diamonds-in-the-rough"? It seems that MM is worse than both Hawkins and Embree were in so far as attracting recruits that are well-rated by recruiting services.

Our recruiting does seem to be superficially at least pretty awful, but I see very few comments about it here. Is that because we're in the enthusiasm part of the cycle, or because we genuinely recruiting a lot of "diamonds-in-the-rough"? It seems that MM is worse than both Hawkins and Embree were in so far as attracting recruits that are well-rated by recruiting services.

Recruiting is dead awful. It's not lost on me that CSU and CU look like identical teams. You can't hire a no-name.

This isn't Ohio State we're playing, but it isn't Cleveland State either. Open up the f'ing playbook! Three down lineman and zero blitzes (AFAICT?) On offense, too.

Yeah we need some seriously creative blitzes to compensate. It's what we were afraid of. ZERO pass rush, Zero push .. :keule:

i know this is just the first game, but damn!!!! i'm sure my old high school can play better D and open up the frackin' running lanes

Recruiting is dead awful. It's not lost on me that CSU and CU look like identical teams. You can't hire a no-name.

I see a lot of 2-star and 0-star players. In fact, it seems like almost every commit fits this profile. There are a lot of really smart/knowledgable fans here, and I don't see them complaining too much about recruiting, so I'm sort of curious as to why that is. Maybe the appetite for negativity on the board(s) is lower, or maybe the knowledgable folks believe that recruiting is good despite the star ratings. IDK.

Not shocked. MacElwaine is a pretty decent coach.

Still plenty of time to change this thing around.

This is going to be a looooooong season at this rate. Not throwing in the towel yet but that outside chance at a bowl is fading fast

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back