What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015: Recruiting News, Notes & Official Visitors

[tweet]543466546279235584[/tweet] Also cleaned up lynott thread and moved the Anderson discussion here.

Tim Lynott, Donald Gordon, Donzale Roddie, Brett Tonz, Jeremy Kelly, NJ Falo are the 6 that you can find on AB or ESPN. Five more up in Boulder today that haven't been reported.

I know we like brown but if he goes UCLA, do we take Roddie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are some of these kids looking at GS because the math isn't working out if we are taking more than what we already have committed?

Are some of these kids looking at GS because the math isn't working out if we are taking more than what we already have committed?

Looks like we're going to over-sign and look toward spring attrition to make it work.

Looks like we're going to over-sign and look toward spring attrition to make it work.

My question is do programs pull offers from kids once they get "their guys"? Example: Tony Brown and Donzale Roddie are both projected WRs that we're pretty high on around here and have shown strong interest in CU. We already have commitments from Jan, Blandin and Oliver to play WR (unless they move to other positions), so if both Brown and Roddie decide to commit to CU, would they ever pull an offer from a kid? How does that work?

MacIntyre will not pull offers. Some programs will, but tend to believe that issue is exaggerated. There is a reason people are annoyed about the class being close to full so early.

MacIntyre will not pull offers. Some programs will, but tend to believe that issue is exaggerated. There is a reason people are annoyed about the class being close to full so early.

The one area where the athlete has the advantage over the program, if that's the case. Athlete can de-commit at any time before NSD but schools don't pull offers?

I don't know if we ever offered Fotu, some said we did on Rivals, but that offer is not on rivals anymore; we may be close to full or typo.

The one area where the athlete has the advantage over the program, if that's the case. Athlete can de-commit at any time before NSD but schools don't pull offers?

Schools pull offers, but it is not as widespread as you would think. More often than not, the regular roster experiences attrition to make room.

M2 would not pull and offer from a kid or even try to chase him away.

He might let him know that he is now 3rd or 4th on the pecking order and might want to study up on special teams and a different position.

My question is do programs pull offers from kids once they get "their guys"? Example: Tony Brown and Donzale Roddie are both projected WRs that we're pretty high on around here and have shown strong interest in CU. We already have commitments from Jan, Blandin and Oliver to play WR (unless they move to other positions), so if both Brown and Roddie decide to commit to CU, would they ever pull an offer from a kid? How does that work?

Schools have to pull offers to get within the numbers. As pointed out before, CU has technically more than 150 offers "out" right now. We won't get all those guys, but as the commitments come in, some guys who have not decided need to know that we already have their position covered. It's a waiting game and a roll of the dice for both coaches and players --- some players hoping for a spot on their favorite team, while trying not to lose the support of team 2, 3 and so on. Coaches trying to keep guys interested, but not accepting commitments from 6 quarterbacks and no tackles. And so it goes. ...

Blandin is not a CU commit any more.

Schools pull offers, but it is not as widespread as you would think. More often than not, the regular roster experiences attrition to make room.

I think Duff really means that offers are rarely pulled after a commit accepts. As pointed out there are a lot more offers made than spots. Accepting a commitment is typically honored by the staff, with rare exceptions to the contrary. Commits decommit all the time.

It's bothered me for a while that Blandin still shows as committed on all sites except Rivals.

Probably not a big deal, but how do JUCO's effect recruiting rankings? I see that most JUCO's aren't ranked. So how, for instance, will Laguda effect our class rank?

Probably not a big deal, but how do JUCO's effect recruiting rankings? I see that most JUCO's aren't ranked. So how, for instance, will Laguda effect our class rank?

Most recruiting publications I've seen rank JUCO on their own scale (comparing to other JUCO players) and rate them with the same "stars" as a traditional recruit out of high school. From what I can tell on ESPN's rankings, they are accounted for just like every other recruit. Either a no star, 1 star, 2 star, 3 star, etc. and they play into the class rankings the same way. I could be wrong, though.

Also, I know class rankings are exciting and fun to look at with how many 3 star, 4 star and 5 star recruits a team gets but most good coaches will tell you they literally NEVER look at any of the recruiting publications or how many stars a recruit gets. Obviously, the rankings give a general assessment of how good a class is or isn't but most coaches ignore that noise and turn on the tape.

Also, I know class rankings are exciting and fun to look at with how many 3 star, 4 star and 5 star recruits a team gets but most good coaches will tell you they literally NEVER look at any of the recruiting publications or how many stars a recruit gets. Obviously, the rankings give a general assessment of how good a class is or isn't but most coaches ignore that noise and turn on the tape.
Any other things you want to get off your chest?

On Rivals, each prospect is given a "Rivals Rating". That's the "rr" you see in the profiles after the stars. When they calculate class ranks, it goes like this:

6.1 = 150 points
6.0 = 135 points
5.9 = 120 points
5.8 = 105 points
5.7 = 90 points
5.6 = 75 points
5.5 = 60 points
5.4 = 45 points
5.3 = 30 points
5.2 = 15 points

JUCOs and Prep School prospects get the points as designated by their "rr" in the normal way.

On top of that, prospects ranked in the Rivals250 (the 250 players they think are the absolute best in a class) earn bonus points. JUCOs and Preps are not eligible for these bonus points. That scale goes as follows:

#1= 100 points
#2= 83 points
#3= 82 points
#4= 81 points
#5= 80 points
#6= 76 points
#7= 75 points
#8= 74 points
#9= 73 points
#10= 72 points
#11= 69 points
#12= 68 points
#13= 67 points
#14= 66 points
#15= 65 points
#16= 64 points
#17= 63 points
#18= 62 points
#19= 61 points
#20= 60 points
#21= 59 points
#22= 58 points
#23= 57 points
#24= 56 points
#25= 55 points

#26-30= 53 points
#31-35= 51 points
#36-40= 49 points
#41-45= 47 points
#46-50= 45 points
#51-55= 43 points
#56-60= 41 points

#61-65= 40 points
#66-70= 39 points
#71-75= 38 points
#76-80= 37 points
#81-85= 36 points
#86-90= 35 points
#91-95= 34 points
#96-100= 33 points

#101-105= 32 points
#106-110= 31 points
#111-115= 30 points
#116-120= 29 points
#121-125= 28 points
#126-130= 27 points
#131-135= 26 points
#136-140= 25 points
#141-145= 24 points
#146-150= 23 points
#151-155= 22 points
#156-160= 21 points
#161-165= 20 points
#166-170= 19 points
#171-175= 18 points
#176-180= 17 points
#181-185= 16 points
#186-190= 15 points
#191-195= 14 points
#196-200= 13 points
#201-205= 12 points
#206-210= 11 points
#211-215= 10 points
#216-220= 9 points
#221-225= 8 points
#226-230= 7 points
#231-235= 6 points
#236-240= 5 points
#241-245= 4 points
#246-250= 3 points

The class rank is then based on taking the Top 20 signees of each team, adding up the points for those guys and then slotting teams based on the totals.

https://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1364602

Back