What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

2015 Uniforms

It's being revealed to us a little at a time, kind of like:

4315842289_51e6f303b3.jpg

YMSSR. I loved that movie!

[emoji23] our football team has been playing like it is.

Time to step outside the box.

Its not like we get to design our own collars. We get a selection of base jerseys from nike, we picked a base jersey with flywire. CU is not manufacturing its own clothing, never has, never will. We get what we get and then we give input on the design. THats how it has always worked. Having the flywire jerseys is a step in the right direction no matter how dumb or small the detail is.

Reading through this I've realized that I actually really do care about our uniforms. Growing up a CU fan, the jerseys were always part of the allure-the black and gold!

I hate to say it but our uniforms have looked dated pretty much since Barnett left. I didn't love the Hawkins era jerseys but they are awful now. They have been like a half assed throwback attempt that failed. Also, The black helmets of the past few years are awful- like, vomit inducing bad.

That being said, I could see a matte black helmet looking cool and even a silver matte helmet being a cool change of pace for a game or two. BUT the classic gold helmets are the CU brand and are very important to me as a fan. I hope they are emphasized and mostly live on, but I'm open to some changes otherwise as the uniforms are just another part of CU football that has fallen behind since the Barnett years

This new uniforms font looks a lot like the 2001 Buffs. I liked those jerseys a lot. The COLORADO isn't as overpowering with the COLORADO softly stated on the jersey. And having stitched on anything shows it is more expensive and freaking cooler.

Will be cool to see what is unveiled Friday. Wish I could be on-campus.

And all the hate towards 'Tini/Tini is great. I remember being a know-it-all college kid with a single friend on the team. I thought I knew it all too. Back then it was the crap board Netbuffs. One day Tini you will learn to just eat words and ignore idiots that act your age when they should be acting 10-30 years older. Get off Tini, like he just got off your mom.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty confident nearly all of our jerseys have featured stitched numbers and lettering since at least the Barnett era. That isn't anything new.

To any current students: is there a buzz on campus for this field day/uniform unveiling? I know Alex Kelly went and spoke at greek night to try and get some support or something like that but didn't know if it worked or not.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I am pretty confident nearly all of our jerseys have featured stitched numbers and lettering since at least the Barnett era. That isn't anything new.

Neither the numbers or the lettering aren't currently stitched on... Go back like 4 pages to see the comparison.

paul.jpg

False
col-11-12-whiteblack-kirbylee-675x380.jpg

col-07-09-blackgold-patrickgreen-675x380.jpg

col-07-09-goldwhite-dustinbradford-675x380.jpg

col-03-06-blackgold-davidmerrill-675x380.jpg

The Barnett one may have had a stitched gold outline around the numbers, but the rest were not. It wasn't screen printing, but it was in that same kind of family.

Uh okay, I'll correct you, you're wrong. Last few years, since year before Embree took over, was the screen print. I believe the ugly gold Hawkins ones were also screen printed. Last stitched were Barnett era and until they did the ugly mid 2000s unis.

To any current students: is there a buzz on campus for this field day/uniform unveiling? I know Alex Kelly went and spoke at greek night to try and get some support or something like that but didn't know if it worked or not.
Folsom Frenzy has just a little over 1K twitter followers. Student section the last couple years has been nearly empty.

Not a student, but I'm going to guess no. Doesn't seem like many even know we have a football team anymore.

Will be interesting how fast the culture shift happens if we start winning again.

from phone

False

The Barnett one may have had a stitched gold outline around the numbers, but the rest were not. It wasn't screen printing, but it was in that same kind of family.

Barnett unis numbers were stitched numbers (cloth), but yes I don't believe the COLORADO lettering has been. The names had been stitched on but the current unis do not even have the names stitched on.

Folsom Frenzy has just a little over 1K twitter followers. Student section the last couple years has been nearly empty.

Not a student, but I'm going to guess no. Doesn't seem like many even know we have a football team anymore.

Will be interesting how fast the culture shift happens if we start winning again.

from phone

The bandwagon fills up quickly when it comes to the students. As soon as it's a fun EVENT, they'll plan their Saturdays around it and a much higher of new applicants will have targeted CU because they want to go somewhere that has a nationally relevant football program.

Back